Zanash and cables

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by artist, Apr 22, 2007.

1. artist

artist

First ihave to say a big thank you to pete

Pete came over to my humble abode yesterday aremed with his workshop.

First we replaced the cables between my Ecs preamp and Atc 100's with two runs of 4.5m balanced XLR cables that pete had made for me each with the silver and gold mix(pete can tell more about this)i could tell from the first note that this was a huge leap forward in sound quality everything fell into place and the soundstage went beyond the confines of my room,the improvement was a big as change from changeing the Naim 52 to the Ecs preamp.

Next pete armed with a drill we were going to do some surgery to my Naim cdx pete made two small holes in the back and fitted two audio note silver phono sockets all wired directly to the board with silver wire i can tell you this was an easy job for pete i would have trashed it if i were to do this now again not haveing to use a phono to din adaptor was a another leap in performance Pete wanted to see how his cables would sound in my system so next was a phono to phono for the Cdx(same as balanced cables) i am got going to tell you in hifi speak just to say i was very happy.

Pete again reached into his tool kit and produced another set of cables to try on the cd(these are a new cable,pete can give more info)any thoughts of changeing my cd player just went out the window all i will say is stunning.

Thanks again pete

artist, Apr 22, 2007
  2. artist

Jimbo

Yes totally agree. Pete's cables are very good. As you say some of his cables are better than changing a main component in the chain. I do believe now that good cables are essential in your hi fi. Enjoy the music. Jim.

Jimbo, Apr 22, 2007
  3. artist

zanash

many thanks for letting me play !......

The xlr's ..were straight silver
    the hook up wire for the sockets AgAu off cuts
    An the platalloy was the rather short [exactly the right length] final cable ....

by the way my wife did 5:16:48 in the london marathon ...

zanash, Apr 23, 2007
  4. artist

scott_01

I'd like to second the comments above

I've just taken one of Pete's Ag/Au ICs. I wasn't intending to ,I just wanted to listen to his Silver. He didn't have one but instead sent me the Ag / Au to see what that was like.

However, the improvements were so obvious, much clearer and better defined sound all round that I've kept the Ag.Au.

My very sceptical neighbour who thinks my HiFi kit is a waste of money thought the sound was obviously better with the new cable too. Anyone who doesn't think that ICs make any difference should at least just try these first. Very impressed.

Thanks

Scott

scott_01, May 23, 2007
  5. artist

Curt

Wouldnt mind trying a pair of these cables Zanash.
    Is there anymore info available on them?
    Do you allow home dems and what are the costings?

Cheers
    Curt

Curt, May 23, 2007
  6. artist

zanash

pm me .....

zanash, May 23, 2007
Ask a Question