Zanash cables

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jimbo, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Thanks again Zanash for coming over yesterday afternoon with your bag of goodies. It was a very enjoyable time swapping things around and listening to differant music. After all the cables had been connected Zanash and myself heard a noticable change in the sound. Instruments and singers had come forward out of the darkness(thats only the way i can describe it) and gave a fuller and more dynamic range. More emotion to guitars was the most impression to me. When the dac went in i thought that gave the guitar body. I wasnt listening to the strings being plucked the body of the guitar was appearing in front of me. Now i am looking into dacs which i never thought i would do. Damn this hi fi thing your never satisfied. Going to start with making my own power leads first and go from there. Jim.

Jimbo, Apr 23, 2006
  2. Jimbo

zanash

Thanks....had a great time too

I did like the Esound cdp and the Ming Da amp especially.

Having thought over what we did and the effects it had on your system, for me the almost holographic imaging we got at the end, as compared to your system without bits added, was what really struck me. Most systems will do bass and sound staging but I don't think its the speakers that are holding things back. The speaker cables for me seemed to mess up the imaging, the power cables were ok no more, the IC was also above average. But I'd look to do things in stages....new power cables should help for starters !

That was the first occasion that I'd used a green pen on CD-R though I'm not suprised at the effect. The difference was to make a cd-r that was, lets say not the best.....into one that we could at least listen too.

If your interested in the dac I've just had an unmodded LITE DAC-AH arrive...

You have to bare in mind cables, green pens and tda 1543 nos dac are the "spawn of evil" or at least "make no difference" and must be totally ignored, or so certain people would tell us !

zanash, Apr 23, 2006
  3. Jimbo

lordsummit moderate mod

Good aren't they!
    Which Ming-Da are you using?

lordsummit, Apr 23, 2006
  4. Jimbo

Jimbo

Sorry it is a Shengya Zanash must have forgot. Jim.

Jimbo, Apr 23, 2006
  5. Jimbo

zanash

I'll look at my pic but could have sworn it was a minga da !...

I saw the vincent sv236.....it looks just like yours !

zanash, Apr 23, 2006
  6. Jimbo

Jimbo

Yes it does but that one is 100watts mine is 150watts and a larger chassis. Dont think Vincent sell it. Here are the two together. http://www.chinese-hifi.co.uk/shengya.htm
    The dac is very tempting but i am just wondering what one of these could do for my system havent looked into dacs as i thought they would give a lean sound. Have to do some research. Jim.

Jimbo, Apr 23, 2006
  7. Jimbo

Jimbo

Thanks for the wire Zanash. Might not have time this week to get the parts. Hopefuly get chance at weekend. Where did you get your iec connectors from and how much? That new dac you have looks a bargain. I would be very interested in hearing it if and when you mod it. Jim.

Jimbo, Apr 24, 2006
  8. Jimbo

zanash

Maplins and RS or rapid electronics.
    IEC plugs
    maplins MK20W £2.13
    RS Stock no: 488-208 £1.97 plus vat
    rapid Rewireable IEC socket 23-0106 £0.90 plus vat

I'll have one dac modded and the other standard ...I can pop them over if your interested in a listen ....She who must be obeyed is away next week ...so that could be good. Pm me

zanash, Apr 25, 2006
Ask a Question