Zerogain p2p music.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by voodoo, Oct 6, 2004.

1. voodoo

analoguekid Planet Rush

Yeah hippy you could send a friend your website addy and password inadvertantly, meaning to send it as PM and inadvertantly posting it instaead, and not realise your mistake for a couple of days,....for example. Now I'm sure they don't arrest you for being clumsy.

analoguekid, Oct 6, 2004
  2. voodoo

Robbo

Absolutely, however I suspect that one wouldnt necessarily want to buy everything that was shared between members. Having played around with compression, I find that anything below 320 kbs is unlistenable after a few minutes so personally, if it was me, I wouldnt bother with stuff that was compressed.

Robbo, Oct 7, 2004
  3. voodoo

joel Shaman of Signals

I'm not so sure no one would care. If you did this, you would present a nice, hard target for any RIAA posse that happened to be passing by in search of scapegoats.

joel, Oct 7, 2004
  4. voodoo

michaelab desafinado

You're probably right Joel, but it's unlikely it would be found, provided we took the right measures and didn't post the access information on a sticky thread here :)

Michael.

michaelab, Oct 7, 2004
  5. voodoo

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

soalseek.(soalseek.org) allows you to search by user name.you put a user name in your username list and its always there. (you could put it in your sig). there is a thing called shoutcast which enables you to stream mp3/wav etc through wimamp but its more of a radio station type affair.
    as for compression , 320kbs is good but if you want cd like quality id suggest wav files , very much larger but if your trying to buy then the file will be deleted when you buy the original anyways or when you decide you dont want to buy it.
    it is still illegal though.
    you could use soalseek and configure it to just share from your user list , your user name being known by everyone who wants to take part. this way no one else can look at your files unless their in your user list.
    thats the best way to do it i recon.

rob, Oct 7, 2004
  6. voodoo

robert_cyrus

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/shopper/news/64197/p2p-legal-action.html

robert_cyrus, Oct 7, 2004
  7. voodoo

auric FOSS

The CreativeCommon or CopyLeft movements may be the way to go if only you could get the music you require at a price you may wish to pay otherwise P2P or any attempt to circumvent existing copyright law will be frowned upon and IMO rightly so.

auric, Oct 7, 2004
  8. voodoo

LiloLee Blah, Blah, Blah.........

As Rob mentioned SoulSeek is already there for you to use, so why re-invent the wheel.

Anyway none of you guys would any of my twiddley shit. :)

LiloLee, Oct 7, 2004
  9. voodoo

MikeD Militant Nutter

I'm a member on a tracker that only allows lossless (FLAC/SHN) uploads. would be nice to get some ZG'ers on there :)

about a quarter of my music collection came from there ;)

http://btmusic.org:2710/index.php

MikeD, Oct 7, 2004
Ask a Question