ZG Forum browser compatability.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lhatkins, Dec 20, 2005.

1. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Just a quick point, using firefox 1.5 at work and if I reduce the width of the forum the text doesn't reform, its like its a fixed width, but I get no scroll bars either, same happens at home with 1.0.7 and 1.5, works perfectly with IE6, has there been some sort of recent template change? I'm sure it used to work ok.

lhatkins, Dec 20, 2005
  2. lhatkins

Tenson Moderator

Tenson, Dec 20, 2005
  3. lhatkins

Dick Bowman

OK for me with Firefox 1.5.

Dick Bowman, Dec 20, 2005
  4. lhatkins

Well that's odd, do I have some option turned off or something then? I get no scroll bars and if I "window" it, the content just disappears off the screen, its very odd.

Ok try this, window the browser, so you can resize it, then move the right edge over to the left, for me, if you do this the scroll bar disappears.
    My screen res is 1024x768 but also does it at 800x600, but I've noticed its not jus this site that does it, all of them are doing it, maybe its a firefox fault?

lhatkins, Dec 20, 2005
  5. lhatkins

jtc

It's also fine as far as I can tell on the most recent Safari builds (in Tiger 10.4.3)

jtc, Dec 20, 2005
  6. lhatkins

Found the problem, and will report it to moz, its if you have any status bar extensions, I had i-click weather and Tidy html validator, if you have too much in the status bar the browser window will only shrink till the point that the text in the status bar touches either side, then the scroll bars disappear and it behaves very strangely, I shall report this bug to moz. So sorry False alarm! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
    lhatkins, Dec 20, 2005
Ask a Question