£2800 credit to spend a Sevenoaks.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by kasperoff, Nov 29, 2004.

1. kasperoff

kasperoff

Thanks for the ideas guys.

I've heard the Quad set-up at a show and remember liking it, so it will be one of the first to be demo-ed. The Preamp/CDP into power is a tempting option, so I'll try it with as many amps as they have.

I'm also interested in the new Cyrus kit. I've heard Cyrus 8 gear into Dynaudio's (whatever the replacements for the 1.3s are called) and was impressed with that. However I don't think 7Oaks do Dynaudio. I might have to look at PMC in their absence.

They also stock Roksan so I will be giving the new Caspian (M-seires -1 ?) gear a listen.

Also, like I said, I'm interested in this new MF X pre amp and power thats coming out. Its getting hot press.

As far as Home Cinema is concerned. I'm going off the idea slowly. I had my eye on the new Denon 3910 player, as its supposed to do a half decent job with music. But I can't find any HT amps that are decent musically. I'll give it a shot, but if it can't cut the mustard in stereo, then its out.

kasperoff, Nov 30, 2004
  2. kasperoff

PeteH Natural Blue

Nice one. I'll be interested to hear how you get on, do keep us informed.

PeteH, Dec 1, 2004
Ask a Question