Audiolab, Tag and Naim amps

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lordsummit, May 20, 2004.

1. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

Oi! I'm very irate!!!!

But you are right.

The Devil, May 26, 2004
  2. lordsummit

julian2002 Muper Soderator

bub,
    you're always irate - it's your nature.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 26, 2004
  3. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

Terse, not irate.

Funny how I come across to others as being cross, though.

The Devil, May 26, 2004
  4. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

The Devil was very helpful especially when it came to selling my soul to Naimdom:JOEL: :JPS:
    Not terse at all:cool:

lordsummit, May 26, 2004
  5. lordsummit

Goomer

Sorry if it didn't come across that I was being silly, Paul - I speak as the owner of a hicap so know that benefits can be had, but just found it funny that avoidance of the upgrade ladder was being recommended alongside an upgrade.

I think I would also recommend the DIY/avondale route as far as power supplies go - for the cost (or at least for those that I've seen for sale) of a s/h hicap I should imagine you could build yourself a couple of DIY equivalents, or buy an avondale type brand new.

Good luck with it,

Chris.

Goomer, May 26, 2004
  6. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

Hi lordsummit,

I really hope that you like the amplifier, since it's what I recommended. I would, however, think that you were mad if you didn't like it - it's a cracker, IMO, and a bargain.

The one thing which you really mustn't do is to join or even read the Naim forum. This is crammed with people who have just spent thousands on a new whatsit, and who are desperately seeking reassurance from other people who have done the same, or a similar thing, that their new whatsit really does represent a MASSIVE upgrade over their previous whatsit. Of course, it doesn't. Which is why they started the thread in the first place!

If you don't have the new whatsit, which in your case you don't, you might end up believing the hype that goes on there, and this can prove rather expensive, to say the least.

If you want reasonably sensible/impartial forum advice about Naim, go to pink fish or Mana or here.

The Devil, May 26, 2004
  7. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

I'm sure I'll like it, I really like the Naim stuff I've heard before. The big attraction is that if it doesn't float my boat which I'm sure it will, I'll be able to get my money back:D

lordsummit, May 26, 2004
  8. lordsummit

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Good luck and have fun with it, Lord :) Make sure you use the NACA5 cable though :)

Too right on the Naim forum though - although the Padded Cell can be amusing...

domfjbrown, May 27, 2004
  9. lordsummit

greeny

I think you'll find this forum has exactly the same issues that the Naim forum has, with everyone trying to talk up their own systems etc, In fact this forum has several other issues with Manufactures, Dealers and Distributers offering their own 'unbiased' advice.

If you want to find out about Naim, or have any issues or problems then the Naim forum is the best place, it alsohappens to have a music forum that is somewhat more active than the Zerogain Music forum.

greeny, May 27, 2004
  10. lordsummit

Robbo

meeoowww:eek:

Actually For Naim queries I think PFM woulde be by far the best place to go, There are some really knowledgeable naim guys over there, who havent been suckered by the hype. But thats just my opinion.

Robbo, May 27, 2004
  11. lordsummit

The Devil IHTFP

If you want to find out about Naim, or have any issues or problems then the Naim forum is the best place

Nonsense, the best thing to do if there are any issues or problems is to contact Naim direct. They are extremely helpful and actually know what they are talking about, unlike the contributors to their forum, the standard of which is abysmal these days.

Otherwise, what Robbo said.

The Devil, May 27, 2004
Ask a Question