Buffered DACs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by technobear, Jan 11, 2005.

1. technobear

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Julian - that's a very good approach for lowering the noise, although it looks like the groundplane is shared. There's little room for improvement other than physical separation of psu, digital and analogue onto separate boards.

However, we're talking more about interconnection of noisy devices than internal design. Any steps taken to minimise internal noise will be a positive thing, although it could possibly increase susceptibility to noise injected from the input (because it isn't so swamped by the internal noise).

I-S, Jan 11, 2005
  2. technobear

Dev Moderator

Isaac, seeing how carefully you've thought about this subject, put my name down if you are still going to design and build your DAC.

BTW, what happenned to the DIY section? It's shrunk, with only a few threads and the one about Isaac's DAC isn't there. :confused:

Dev, Jan 11, 2005
  3. technobear

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Dev - it's still there. I think you've got your forum view set to 30 days.

It's on my to do list. I do intend to get this project done, but priority is lowish, with buying a house, moving, setting up the listening room, getting the NAD fixed, etc. It will come, unless something better has come along, or I manage to cadge a Class Z.

I-S, Jan 11, 2005
  4. technobear

Dev Moderator

:eek: It was on forum default, whatever that was. I can see them now.

Dev, Jan 11, 2005
Ask a Question