CD player recommendation please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Neil, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Neil

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

I'd recommend the Sony NS900V dvd player, but I don't like being flamed to death and threatened with expulsion from the forum ;)

Seeing as you're fond of modding kit, you'll also find it a good base to start with. Going for £100-£150 used. Stunning cd player IMHO. Oh, and you also get a very good dvd & sacd player thrown in for free!

If the 900V doesn't have enough audiophile cachet for you, you could always try to find an NAD S500. Rare as hen's teeth, but well worth checking out. Balanced outputs and 110 ohm AES output too. Go for around £500 used.

I'm also fond of the Audio Analogue Paganini 24/192, but if you're after more detail, this probably isn't the player for you. Stunning build and lovely "organic" sound.

Dynamic Turtle, Sep 12, 2005
  2. Neil

Neil

Thanks very much for all the advice - I think I'll try to hear the Sony (I'll not dismiss anything out of hand without an audition).
    I'd like to give the Unico or Shanling a listen - I'm also tempted by the idea of the Jupiter, Mr P, as I was impressed by the Planet.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2005
    Neil, Sep 12, 2005
  3. Neil

analoguekid Planet Rush

Neil haven't heard them, but Shadow have a few intersting products in, Alan beeb heard them I think, they also do the new micromega, and consonance stuff, oh and shanling, may be worth paying them a visit, they offer 30 day guarantee on a lot of products, but check the small print.

analoguekid, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Neil

Neil

Thanks AK - There's a Shadow in Glenrothes (probably the closest to me) I'll get across there shortly!

N

Neil, Sep 12, 2005
  5. Neil

analoguekid Planet Rush

Thats the very same

analoguekid, Sep 12, 2005
  6. Neil

neek

neek, Sep 13, 2005
Ask a Question