CD Text - who uses it?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Sep 11, 2003.

1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Henry - you have to get the software :) Scanning in a whole bunch of CDs is about as painless as it's possible to get. If you have it on "Auto Scan" and turn off any auto play features for your CD drive you just put in a CD, it scans it, ejects it and waits for the next one.

I'm doing mine in batches of 10-20. Once a batch has been scanned then it will go off and do all the CDDB and Amazon, AMG etc searching. You then resolve any conflicts (Amazon and AMG often come up with more than one match for each CD) and then do "Add" and it actually downloads all the data from the various sources, including cover artwork if it can find it (it usually can).

I've done 200 now, another 300 or so to go....

As for HDCD, I agree, it would be great if it was widely used but it isn't, so it's a gimmick. I only have one HDCD disc. My DAC20 used to do HDCD, my DAC64 doesn't but I'm not bothered. The DAC64 sounds so much better on all CDs :)

And, just to remotely stay on topic, I guess that CD TEXT is only really useful for people who do a lot of CD copies where it's easy to stick the CDDB data on as CD TEXT. Out of the 200 CDs I've done now, still only 2 of them had CD TEXT.

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 12, 2003
  2. michaelab

HenryT

Wow, the program does all that for you! :eek: Seems like they really have thought about the convenience features there. Right I'm sold, will definitely download and register a copy later tonight then! :MILD:

Just hope my poor CD-ROM drive can cope with the 1600+ CDs it'll get fed. :D

HenryT, Sep 12, 2003
  3. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Believe me - even with all the convenience features, it won't be the CD-ROM drive that you need to worry about coping :D

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 12, 2003
Ask a Question