Definitive Audio - thank you

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Paul V, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Paul V

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Kev, you don't look that hard sir, I can locate you one, a 240V be here on Friday lastest PM if interested, Be warned Steve has already heard good cdp

wadia-miester, Sep 6, 2004
  2. Paul V

Ya-Boo

WHY BE WARNED?

Is he gonna shoot me for posting :rolleyes:

Ya-Boo, Sep 7, 2004
  3. Paul V

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Na, I feel he wouldn't waste the ammo mate.

wadia-miester, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Paul V

Lt Cdr Data om

hmmm I think this sort of thing is fairly prevalent in other areas, esp. car dealerships, they seem to have these flagship places, snobbery and all that, where they frown upon others.
    I recall saying in a london hifi shop I used paperclips to bridge speaker terminals, and really got looked down by the dealers nose. Its a great solution and I still stand by it.( be aware, the pcb in your amps and cd's is just VERY thin bits of copper, too)
    I mean, if its just electrical wire inside the speaker (bicc cable or similar) putting hundreds £££ of external cables is futile.
    I sold my pair of avatar obx mk1's years ago, and got a call from Kevin Scott, I don't know if he was genuinely interested in why, insulted, or prying. Its a nice thumbs up, but he could also be desparate for sales??

I don't get it, why is there this kind of attitude? I mean there are places that sell bits, and the customer makes up his mind to buy. Perhaps another dealer gave a better deal or a nicer attitude in the end? Does having something demoed compel you to buy something from them?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2004
    Lt Cdr Data, Sep 8, 2004
Ask a Question