Efficient Mini Monitors Required

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ListeningEar, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

hehehe,...good advice 3D. I have to be honest, I have never been in a Cash Converters but have used ebay ever since it's inception in the USA (long before it was set up in the UK), and many other US auction sites not to mention my local auction house.

Looks like I will have to find my local CC store!

ListeningEar, Aug 26, 2005
  2. ListeningEar

Cloth-Ears

If your requirement for mini-monitor is based on the need for close wall positioning, if that is the reason, do not overlook slim floorstanders. On another forum I have seen the slim floorstanding Stiletto by ART championed by various posters. It is said that it can go pretty close to a wall without skewing off the voicing too badly.The company develop their speakers with tube amps and indeed the the Stilleto is quite sensitive. Retail is £1000 and in a small room should provide decent bass.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2005
    Cloth-Ears, Aug 27, 2005
  3. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Wooooooo,...pull those horses back boy! £1000!!!!!!

This is just a small budget project, I have a decent main system in the lounge and a second PC based system so the one in the bedroom is low-budget.

ListeningEar, Aug 28, 2005
  4. ListeningEar

avanzato

Having sold my speakers without getting any replacements yet, I got my British made :) 'Soundpax' down from the loft today and they really are quite good.
    Just like the low power Tripath amps everyone sould experience the sound you can get from fold out cardboard speakers.

avanzato, Aug 28, 2005
  5. ListeningEar

ditton happy old soul

at the risk of sounding like a cracked record, I agree. we had that argument about what had changed over the last 10 years, well the answer is solid state players (eg MP3 and better), digital amps and NXT. The second system is the opportunity to experiment with the new! Battery (or battery resevoir) is the new black.

ditton, Aug 28, 2005
Ask a Question