Feet!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Jun 13, 2004.

1. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Now then now then now then, just what is it you are trying to say (shit just dropped some cigar ash on me shellsuit),

The local neds in my area don't have enough cash for cars so ot is left to middle class boys and they can just about get away with putting a "kenwood" sticker in mummy's Saxo. besides I don't think nitrous works very well with diesels, may chip the wifes (yellow) Cooper S (her choice not mine)and would add a sub if the boot was big enough.

I don't normally like tacky stuff myself and honestly the picture I sent doesn't do it justice, but agree it's not everyones cup of coffee. As to adding more ram etc it already has 2gb Ram and prolly doesn't need any more, have more hard drive space than I need 2x 80gb and have DVD burner etc, and don't have the room for putting it under desk.the next things to uograde (when the 64bit stuff start coming own in price) will be MB Proc and Graphics.

Adam no don't be silly as I still have standard mains cable.:D

analoguekid, Jun 13, 2004
  2. I-S

Adam Davis

LOL

Nice one mate:)

Adam Davis, Jun 13, 2004
  3. I-S

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

analoguekid - agree that card reader is more useful than FDDs. The other stuff you've installed looks good - especially if you are using it as a HiFi/Music source.

nsherin, Jun 13, 2004
  4. I-S

Tenson Moderator

Wouldn't you rather have spent the money making the computer silent?

'Tis what I have done! You still get a nice reaction from anyone who tries to turn on the computer, thinks it didn't work and gets confused because it doesn't make a sound!

Then again, it is harder with AMD CPU's because of the heat.

PS Nad, your comp has a flashy blue bit of plastic so it is half way there!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2004
    Tenson, Jun 13, 2004
  5. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Tony

It's only a lowley 130 tdi avant sport, would love a 330 diesel (although hate bm image) and also RS4 but unfortunately it's a company car, so choice was limited due to running costs emissions etc.

Choices (after filtering out the tosh)

A4 avant or saloon 130tdi sport

BMW 320D se (saloon) or es estate

Volvo S60 D5

Merc 220 diesel (saloon or sport coupe)

So i went for Audi as it was best looking and best all rounder.

The Missus Cooper S does all the fun stuff and I live near (5 minutes awy) some great B roads. Mini is company car also.

BTW how much does it cost to keep a car on the road spending your own money, I mean Insurance, tyres, tax, depreciation, etc

i think I'll stick with the limited choice of company cars that way someone else foots the bill, and if anyone goes on about tax well lets gjust say that between me and her we are taxed less per month than what a Cooper S would cost to run:p

6. I-S

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

OK Paul, another shameless plug now (thats 2 tonite) would the good lady like her beastie immortalised ?
    check these guys out serious good Show her how much you love her
    I now hate cars with a passion, after all the sleepless nites they gave me, so I now drive a Citroen :D
    The tdi's ok been in worse. T.

wadia-miester, Jun 13, 2004
  7. I-S

julian2002 Muper Soderator

ak,
    nitrous works surprisingly well on diesels but getting the fuelling right on old mechanical injection engines is a bit of a pain. your audi should be fine though. to really get things going inject a bit of propane (lpg) along wiht the nitrous. there was a rover 400 diesel with nitrous / propane injection on the hi-power forum a while ago that was doing 6 second 0-60's and 14 second standing 1/4's which is stock supra / imprezza / mustang teritory. aparantly the guy seriously worried an ur quattro owner but was beaten on the twisties.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jun 13, 2004
  8. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Not using it for hifi don't be silly just doesn't have the quality i'm after only have about 20 mp3's and only did that so could put on me Palm. Have consider getting wireless thingy next to hifi(comp upstairs in office) but prolly wouldn't use it much. Have breakout thing for music as edit a lot of music, (using soundforge6)for the missus as she teaches aerobics and uses minidisc as she changes a coupla tracks every week or so, although more recording done is now being done on the cheap full size sony minidisc player and whilst i cannot connect the MD digitally (Bow has no optical out)the recordings she are getting from tape out are of a magnitude greater than from pc.

Tenson looked at silent stuff but most was pricey and you are correct about amd running hot my xp2000 runs at 48 degrees idle and 53 full tilt.

9. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Ju

knew just after i had typed it that someone would contradict me, but much as i would like to chip etc the Co car policy does not allow it.:mad:

10. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Tony already immortalised it mesel'

[​IMG]

Ah photoshop

analoguekid, Jun 14, 2004
  11. I-S

julian2002 Muper Soderator

ak,
    bloody company killjoys :D
    still it's definately a nice looking car and come the fall of civilisation you can run it on chip fat.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jun 14, 2004
Ask a Question