Firebird 0.8

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Feb 8, 2004.

1. MO!

auric FOSS

I first switched of both Java & Java script via Tools | Options | Web Features (good idea when visiting dodgy sites) then;

1 Garish green and white static screen advertising tickets and travel.
    2 Click on the Enter link and on to the Football screen.
    3 Football screen loads ok.

Hope this helps.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8

Auric

Ps if you are running XP use the Event Viewer to see what is happening that makes you switch off (borrowed from another place).

Control Panel|Performance & Maintenance|Administrative Tools|Computer Management| Event Viewer.

By looking at the SYSTEM and APPLICATION logs you will be able to see processes start,stop,fail or whatever - this should give you an idea of what is making your machine ill.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2004
    auric, Feb 17, 2004
  2. MO!

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Firedragon :JPS: :D

PBirkett, Feb 17, 2004
  3. MO!

Sgt Rock

Use the profile manager and create a new profile with everything switched off.

firefox.exe -p new_profile_name

Sgt Rock, Feb 18, 2004
  4. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

It's not just when entering the site. It's after logging in (need to be registered). I tried it on IE and it worked fine, then tried on firefox and happened again, so I guess that narrows down the possibilities :rolleyes:

I've got XP yep, but that event viewer thing shows loads of alerts and errors, not sure which is which. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to make it do it now and it should be easier to spot when I restart.............

MO!, Feb 18, 2004
  5. MO!

michaelab desafinado

I went to the trouble of registering on the site :rolleyes: to see if I had the same problem and I don't. Works fine for me :)

I have to say though, the design of that site is a pile of cack :(

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 18, 2004
  6. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Cheers Mike

It's not the best site around, nor is it the worst. They've not long changed it.

I've got a few things downloading now, so I'll wait for them to finish then have a go at logging in, then check what errors are logged.

MO!, Feb 18, 2004
  7. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Well, I didn't even have a chance to! I'd opened the site and thought i'd log in when my downloads finished. But after probably having the page open for about a minute or so it happened again.

I'm not really sure what any of the stuff in the event viewer means :confused:

Under Application I had 3 error logs from the appropriate time

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\RICHARD-L7Z6RMC.ldb" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB43.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\RICHARD-L7Z6RMC.ldb" was corrupt and has been deleted.

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt, restoring from backup "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\BACKUP.RDB".

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB42.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been deleted.

and in System there were quite a few spread out over a minute. The one below seems like it may mean something.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000cd4, 0x11111111, 0xff6a6c48). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021804-02.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

MO!, Feb 18, 2004
  8. MO!

michaelab desafinado

The first ones, about .ldb files you can ignore. They are just because your PC crashed whilst ZoneAlarm was running. It's the bugcheck that's the problem.

Do a Google search on "bugcheck 0x000000c2" and you'll get plenty of results. Here are of the more relevant ones:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=258069

http://forums.winxpcentral.com/showthread.php?t=5580&goto=nextnewest

You definitely have a problem and it's nothing to do with Firefox allthough it's unfortunate that it appears to be causing the conditions for it to occur. I would recommend upgrading to the latest Win 2K service pack for a start.

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 19, 2004
  9. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Far too complicated for me :confused:

And as for updating Win 2K, I'm on XP Pro

MO!, Feb 19, 2004
  10. MO!

michaelab desafinado

Oh - thought you were on win2k. Don't really know what to suggest but I'm pretty sure it's a hardware/driver bug that's somehow happening when Firefox accesses that site and not a problem with Firefox itself.

At a guess I'd say it might be that stupid Windows Media video clip that gets played everytime you hit the homepage - I really, REALLY hate it when sites do that :inferno:

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 19, 2004
  11. MO!

auric FOSS

Scream If You Want To Go Faster

A good thread about how to make things go or appear to go faster but you will need to peek under the hood to tweak a few values.

FireFox Tuning & Scragz' table test

Auric:)

auric, Feb 19, 2004
Ask a Question