Heads-up folks - cheap (?) pair of Meadowlark Blue Herons on Ebay...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by PeteH, Oct 6, 2004.

1. PeteH

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

They're just been sold to some one from Ashby de' le' Zouch

wadia-miester, Oct 11, 2004
  2. PeteH

robert_cyrus

oh well, never mind, it's the nighthawks i would have wanted anyway (or is that nightingales ?)

robert_cyrus, Oct 11, 2004
  3. PeteH

bemcsa

The Blue Herons have now roosted in ashby de LA zouch.

The only trouble is they are not blue herons. Thanks to the short history lesson by Graham N and the fact the one esteemed member had got his herons in a twist, I was half expecting this. They are in fact Heron Hot Rods, which I believe pre-date the Heron i's.

I think the seller was misled by the HiFi dealer that sold him the speakers 18 months ago and he wasn't trying it on. Anyway, having driven down to Soton, I did not want to come back empty handed and the price was re-negotiated. If I dont like them as speakers, they will make handy wardrobes.

The certainly fill the room both sonically and physically. One thing is for sure, my poor Cyrus 7 amp isn't doing them any favours. I have noticed there is a glut of evo 4's on hififorsale; tempting ....

One final question for WM - the Herons are over 6 years old, do you think they might be run in yet :D

bemcsa, Oct 17, 2004
  4. PeteH

GrahamN

Oh that makes me feel much better. I was so tempted to get them, as mine are fantastic for the price, but I would really have loved to try their bigger brothers. Was wondering about maybe then using the Herons for rears, driven my my spare M3 :D ! Trouble is there wouldn't then have been any space in the room for me.

Congratulations on your purchase, and glad to see that ZG is still cornering the UK Meadowlark market. Does anyone know how many pairs are in the UK, and how many are not in ZG-ers' posession?

GrahamN, Oct 17, 2004
  5. PeteH

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

A nice Evo 4 would power them rather well

wadia-miester, Oct 17, 2004
Ask a Question