Heybrook HB1

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Labarum, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Labarum

Labarum

None. I was chatting to Patrick on another forum the other day.

Labarum, Apr 11, 2012
  2. Labarum

vincula

I have decided to refloat this old thread. I am currently enjoying a pair of HB1's in my system. After having parted with my JPW AP3 and moving abroad, I guess I kinda miss 'em, so I went for a pair of Heybrooks.

I've just had the foam surrounds changed for peace of mind, but I find the tweeter's a bit too lively in my set up, even though I mainly listen to vinyl. I might have to tingle with the filter...

Any ideas, suggestions?

Regards,

Vincula

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    vincula, Jun 6, 2013
  3. Labarum

Tenson Moderator

Do you have the loading optimal for the cart? Rob tells me it can make a big difference at the top end. Too much capacitance and it will peak.

Tenson, Jun 7, 2013
  4. Labarum

vincula

I suspect the problem may lie there too, because cd sounds better, which it's not what I'm used to :D I'm spinning on a Nagaoka MP20 straight into the Creek's MM stage, so I haven't got a chance to adjust it right now. Unfortunately my MF XLPS phonostage went pop last month, and it's at the technie as I type these lines... I hate that quirky piano sound. Drivescme maaaaaad!!!

Thanks a lot for the tip!

Regards,

Vincula

vincula, Jun 7, 2013
Ask a Question