Interconnects

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lordsummit, Aug 26, 2005.

1. lordsummit

T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez, Aug 27, 2005
  2. lordsummit

zanash

I've seen "straighthru's" cables add on epay........

Item number....5801599778

I've not heard them so I would not make comment on sound quality or possible performance.

What I will say is that after ploughing through the psudoscience, I'm none the wiser. That business of the rough surface and the gold, just does not ring right with the signal bouncing between?. Some of the other comments are a little naughty too .......

Zero boundary silver-gold path provides seamless timing, and grain-free, open, airy treble.

whats that all about?

zero means none
    no boundary ...or no junction between the metals , that describes an amalgam. Contary to the diagram earlier.

silver-gold path....again the conductivites of the two dissimilar metals will effect the signal propogation.

I'll leave the subjective comments as they may well mean different things to different people.

but this ......

0.5m at £99 for gold plated silver is still expensive ....not russ andrew expensive but still high ...lets just say you can get the materials to build this cable for under £15 IME.

the plugs are similar to those in maplin for £2 each x 4
    Silver wire 2m at £2, and some heatshrink and what appears to be a former to wrap it all round.

I just hope my cables sound only half as good at about a 1/3rd of the price !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2005
    zanash, Aug 27, 2005
  3. lordsummit

zanash

Had a quick look on the web site the best purity I could find was 99.99% 4n .....its hidiously expensive to boot. Three times what I charge , and I'm making a bundle, 10m £39 !

But then they do have a bigger range.

zanash, Aug 27, 2005
  4. lordsummit

greg Its a G thing

I would add that regardless of the whole cable "debate", silver interconnects sound different to copper ones. Neither are necessarily better - just depends what you are looking for. IME silver provides much greater imaging and detail, but can sound bright and lacking in bass. Copper more balanced sound IME, more natural but not so "eery" in the detail.

greg, Aug 28, 2005
  5. lordsummit

kennyk thecrossovernetwork.com

Art Expression V6s.

kennyk, Aug 28, 2005
  6. lordsummit

T-bone Sanchez

I'll buy off you then! didnt realise you sold it. Im going to be in the need for some very soon.

T-bone Sanchez, Aug 28, 2005
  7. lordsummit

Malky

http://www.the-missing-link.net/
    The web address above is for the Missing Link. Mark who runs this little business is somewhat of a scientist in these matters and is very helpful and knowledgeable. He will make cables up for you or you can make up your own and he will supply the parts.He will not advise you to buy an expensive cable where you will not benefit. I have gone completely Missing Link and got rid of my Nordost which were too bright for my system.I have a very high end system and am using his Orbit cables for my power amps and Opus F for CD Record deck etc.Have a look on the site you will find it interesting. Give Mark a phone call he will be glad to help you.

Malky, Aug 28, 2005
  8. lordsummit

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

Why not make my "zero" DIY cables, the Zero referres to many subjects, such as "zero" dielectric, "zero" connectors, "zero" (well, almost) cost, "zero" (well, nearly so) effect on the sound....

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86460&postcount=1

Ciao T

3DSonics, Aug 28, 2005
  9. lordsummit

ditton happy old soul

I have an interconnect on trial from zanash (sent me when I bought his 8000T). Not had to much opportunity to 'test' but early indications are that it is holding its own against the AS SilverBlue that I normally use. The SilverBlus retails at about 2.5 as much.

ditton, Aug 29, 2005
  10. lordsummit

zanash

cheers... thanks

zanash, Aug 29, 2005
  11. lordsummit

zanash

The missing link are some of the "good people".... rather than some of the others who are ...how do you say this politely more prophit orientated.

I'll also add that I'm not makeing cables on a commercial bassis [I don't want to either]....just doing my bit to show that you can easily build something to compete with the big boys. My intrest is in the design and "what happens if I do this "area.

zanash, Aug 29, 2005
Ask a Question