Lavardin IT

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by PMR, Apr 2, 2005.

1. PMR

Joolsburger

My IS reference is leagues ahead of my old 17/18 exposures in every way that matters bar the volume capabilities. One of the best sounds I ever heard was an IT driving Harbeth compact 7s. I have no hesitation in recommending a listen a least. I saw an IT going for 2200 in one of the mags recently no tape out though which might be an issue... The IS ref gets very close IMHO.

As for the sound very sweet, open and transparent with good detail and not a trace of harshness unless it's recorded that way. Very dynamic with the right speakers ( I use Audes speakers which work very synergistically) I think the Lavardin range deserve the hype but speaker choices are limited as you really need 91db+ and an easy load to get the best from them. I tried my NS1000m's and it just wouldn't drive them at all ( No bass). It's a good sound, I've no experience with valves but I hope I know what sounds real and what doesn't and on all but the very loudest rock the lavardin never leaves me wanting.

Joolsburger, Aug 31, 2005
Ask a Question