Modified CD players

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jackthebiscuit, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Jackthebiscuit

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Zanash - much as I'd rather not given your experience, which I respect greatly, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say I'm still not convinced you are correct. The criteria I believe has very much got to be one of doing what is appropriate* rather than having the best intentions. Were for example a first aider to attempt a surgical cricothyroidotomy (on even a patient where this is indicated) using a pen knife and a biro casing, they would I believe be on somewhat dubious ground if a legal case were to be brought against them.

I am very open to be corrected on this, and am going to have to do a spot of investigating, but I do not think the legal precedant raised above would apply to such a case. If you know any more details I would be very interested. This is a question I really ought to know the answer to and so am keen to get to the bottom of.

*or perhaps what a person given their training would reasonably be expected to believe is appropriate (i.e. everyone is allowed to make mistakes).

Edit: respond in pm if you like as this is somewhat OT.

MartinC, Nov 15, 2005
  2. Jackthebiscuit

leo

The Caddock TF020R are easily the best resistors I have tried in critical places.
    Theres a few places like the nulling circuit on a dacs output where BG N types could not be bettered IMO, they always seemed to have the least sonic signature but just throwing these caps all over the place does screw up the sonics.
    Rubycon ZA's can work well too
    I don't like Oscons, SEP series can work well in clock circuits

leo, Nov 15, 2005
Ask a Question