more on cartridges...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Lt Cdr Data, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Lt Cdr Data

muffinman

i got a denon 304 for £180 inc del. via ian harrison. i've had it on for a couple of weeks. replaced my benz mc silver. it betters that with ease as is a great little cart . zero complaints etc.

muffinman, Apr 18, 2005
  2. Lt Cdr Data

huuge

carts

have just switched from 304 to rohmann
    considerably more musical but denon had all the detail and has to be a bargain at £180

huuge, Apr 18, 2005
  3. Lt Cdr Data

Sid and Coke

After only ever previously using budget MM's i found that The Denon DL103 was brilliant and was very happy with it for 18 months. The only reason that i replaced it was because it was 18 months old and i fancied bit of a change. I got the Shure V15VxMR and am extremely happy with it, sonic nirvana doesn't have to be in the shape of an MC cart.

Brand new V15VxMR's can usually be had from£175+ on e-bay ( thats how much i recently sold my brand new 'spare' for). Because it is a MM you can change the tip if it gets damaged or worn . New stylus' cost from £85 on e-bay and are regularly available ( i trashed mine a few weeks ago and so have first hand knowledge :rolleyes: ).

The good thing about quality carts is that as long as you don't pay top retail dollar for it, you can usually try one out for a few weeks , then flog it on if it doesn't work out. I got £60 for my DL103 even though it was 18 months old ( i originally paid about £90 for it ) it was in mint condition though. £30 for 18 months of top quality sound , now that what i call music..........

Sid and Coke, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Lt Cdr Data

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Do these really come up regularly (the styli I mean). An unwillingness to pay the £200 odd rrp for a V15VxMR stylus after I trashed mine was what originally persuaded me to get the Denon (and no regrets). The $50 Shure stylus exchange scheme made V15 ownership very cheap ... until they suspended it.

I currently have a V15VxMR body without stylus, but if I could get hold of a new one for £85, I'd be tempted and use the Shure as a backup or sell the cart with stylus. Shouldn't think I'd get much for a V15 minus stylus on the Bay.

Uncle Ants, Apr 19, 2005
Ask a Question