NAStiest Looking NAS ever!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Uncle Ants, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Uncle Ants

Paul L vinyl and valves mostly

Agreed, kind of worrying though. Whenever something becomes popular it seems to create an anti-club and a bunch of conspiracy theories. I just can't imagine cottage-industry-Tom and the bunch of happy owners that we are falling into that category.

Paul

Paul L, Jun 19, 2005
  2. Uncle Ants

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Tom is actually one of the straightest and most honest people I've ever met in the audio industry – I'd believe what he said. He can already sell more decks than he can physically make so has little to gain by trying to flog another one to a cold caller. Tom is actually non-business minded to the extent that he'll happily gab to you on the phone for hours when he should really be making decks!

As to his point; the Hyperspace has now got a two part metal / carbon graphite platter and a new 'pumping' bearing, the Hyperspace in the pic does not have this, it's platter is not much more massy than a current spec Space, so given that he is continually tweaking his designs I'm sure that what he says is true.

Tony.

TonyL, Jun 19, 2005
  3. Uncle Ants

Paul L vinyl and valves mostly

Interestingly enough Tony, my dealer mentioned yesterday that Michael Fremer has just reviewed the Deco for Stereophile and reports it as soft, apparently preferring the latest Spacedeck, Hyperspace and Dais. I haven't seen the review yet.

Paul

Paul L, Jun 19, 2005
  4. Uncle Ants

Coda II getting there slowly

more plinth stuff

The Space plinth is available in black for around £60 extra, takes about four weeks to order.

The Inter SE is available with a mahogony plinth for just over £800, ie just below the Space

Neville - did you try any options (arms etc.) with the Space? I was on the (v.uncomfortable) sofa a few weeks ago with the Gyro then Space then Horizon but didn't have time or brain space to try any other set-up possibilties.

While we're here, if anyone has one to hand could they tell me the dimensions of the Spacedeck plinth, thanks.

Coda II, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Uncle Ants

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I wouldnt!

My philosophy is - dont trust anyone who is trying to sell you something or who has a commercial interest - EVER!

If you think thats over cautious, a year selling in my industry would change your mind! :D

Im glad other people dont think like me, because I wouldnt sell much!

Still, the point is moot really... its a NAS deck that was on Ebay a few weeks ago, and no-one on the forum bought... so who cares really lol.

bottleneck, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Uncle Ants

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

46x36cm.

Tony.

TonyL, Jun 21, 2005
  7. Uncle Ants

Coda II getting there slowly

Thanks Tony.

Robert

Coda II, Jun 21, 2005
Ask a Question