New Listening Room Questions

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Uncle Ants, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Uncle Ants

analoguekid Planet Rush

There will be a crawl space under the floor (solumn) so if you don't mind cramped spaces then maddog's idea shouldn't be too hard to do, your brickwork doesn't have to be good enough to support much weight so even stacking them will be enough, give it a go.

analoguekid, Nov 30, 2004
  2. Uncle Ants

technobear Ursine Audiophile

But far enough! Sounds like your listening position will be at about 13 ft (i.e. half way) and that's the worst place it could be :(

How solid is this room dividing bookcase. It may help to break up the standing waves a bit if it is solid enough and big enough. If you could angle it then even better.

It is for this very reason that my system is currently firing across the room. It's not ideal. I would prefer to be a bit further away from the speakers but at least the bass response is more or less boom free.

technobear, Nov 30, 2004
  3. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Oh dear. Not very solid - well solidly built, but no back and front, except the bottom half which will be blocked by a big lump of sofa.

Is the key to this the distance from listening position to the front of the bay or listening position to the front baffles of the speakers (or rather the point in between them)?

Uncle Ants, Nov 30, 2004
Ask a Question