Paging Gromett and Uncle Ants - NAS

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by JohnMak, Feb 26, 2005.

1. JohnMak

JohnMak

Hi Stuart,
    Yes I found out about deciBel Hi Fi in Brisbane (MusicMaker, Haddock Graham Slee etc) on the internet..... would you believe they are about 3km from where I liived in Brizzie and I never knew they existed.

I tracked down a Linn dealer in Sydney when I was home last November. They had their shop demonstrator LP12/EKOS/Arkiva/Lingo (no Linto) they were selling off for AUD10,000. He said the retail was AUD18,000!!!! Holy cow!

So as much as I love Linn, I think it does not make good business or audio sense at those prices.

I'll be looking forward to the Spacedeck methinks.

Cheers

JohnMak, Mar 1, 2005
  2. JohnMak

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Hi John,

Not a lot I can add to what's already been said. I would have responded much sooner but I've been moving house. I'd thoroughly recommend the Spacedeck myself for all of the reasons cited and would add that its pretty unfussy about where you put it as well, which may or may not be a bonus. The Spacearm is pretty convincing soundwise, but a bit fussy in the setup for my tastes - I got it set up right in the end. When I unpack her and fire her up I'll get some idea as to how well it'll keep the setup.

That said, I can't give you any LP12 comparisons ... as I've never owned one. The only bouncer I've ever owned was a Thorens TD160.

Good luck

Uncle Ants, Mar 1, 2005
Ask a Question