Sonic Nirvana - Have you reached it?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nsherin, Aug 7, 2004.

1. nsherin

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

For this month yes Nirvaina has been reached :) however pushing the envelope is most pleasing on occations, another 12 months and I'll be up there with the heady dac 64 still with such lofty goals, I'd bet get working at it :cool:

wadia-miester, Aug 7, 2004
  2. nsherin

Mister R

Mister R, Aug 7, 2004
  3. nsherin

Mister R

No nirvana quite yet, but I know where I'm going with the sytem which is good I think. 1 more smart so I can mono, but the Contours are up next. I'll be happy then to be at the stage to experiment with mains etc. That's the fun part....enjoying what I've got so far for sure and it's nice to enjoy the upgrades in stages to appreciate the benefits!

Cheers!

Mister R, Aug 7, 2004
  4. nsherin

Rory satisfied

think i've got what i've always aimed for :)

concentrating on car stereos now- much more challenging :D

Rory, Aug 7, 2004
  5. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Rory - that will be a challenge, given the obvious engine noise and other issues that you'd have to deal with in a car environment. Sounds interesting though - hope you acheive what you're after.

Been listening to my system a fair bit today and it doesn't matter whether it's vinyl, MD or CD, it just seems to groove along nicely with everything!

nsherin, Aug 7, 2004
  6. nsherin

GaryG

I heard something pretty close to it at a certain member's gaff yesterday, can't believe the difference 2 blue LEDs make. ;)

GaryG, Aug 8, 2004
  7. nsherin

Mark67

Having recently up graded to the Tagmclaren AV32 Dual Processor, if feel it has put the icing on the cake.
    My system was very satisfactory before with the Tag AV32 SP. Now it's simply fantastic. Both Movies & Music sound fantastic, looking @ the amount of money I have spent getting to sonic nirvana, it should be good & it is.
    All I need now is another Belcanto Evo200.2 to go Monoblocks…… :shame:

Don't even go there :yikes:.

Mark67, Aug 10, 2004
  8. nsherin

shrink

Im almost there... the CD player helped a lot as i was using a shitty DVD player before hand... Im not 100% happy with the speakers though... They do sound very good but i know im missing a lot of the finer detail that my system is capable of.. so im considering a pair of PMC OB1's

Also need to update the cabling throughout but id rather have all my electronics sorted before i start down that slipper slope.. and to be honest ive tried cables a lot more pricey and never seem to get the balance i want.

I suppose i could also do with a better turntable... but the rega has served me well.. might just get the arm modified by OL :)

Still.... getting close to where i wanna be soundwise

shrink, Aug 11, 2004
  9. nsherin

johnhunt recidivist

Sonic nirvana - I thought I had until my house move and a little spare cash reconcentrated my mind and I threw some of it at my TT. Now it's making my cdp sound really silly as opposed to just silly and i'm pondering a new one. hopefully i'll be able to stop myself before it's too late especially since all cdp's sound the same beyond 500ukp

resolution - buy more vinyl, spend no more on hifi

John

johnhunt, Aug 11, 2004
  10. nsherin

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Well I am there, I am happy, but the main reason is the hifi aint getting any more money. It sounds great to me, and I have other non-hifi related "projects" to concentrate on now.

I've actually found that I dont listen to my hifi as much as I thought, and therefore putting more money in it would not be a sensible use of money anyway.

PBirkett, Aug 11, 2004
  11. nsherin

batfink

Yeh, right :D

Until next month then!

batfink, Aug 11, 2004
  12. nsherin

PBirkett VTEC Addict

:rolleyes:

No of course, that wouldnt be allowed, would it. Everyone else gets to say it, but only I seem to get pulled up for it.

PBirkett, Aug 11, 2004
  13. nsherin

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

I gave up on that pipe dream back in 2001 - the last time I considered a house to be an affordable proposition. I'll be dead before I retire so I could care less (btw, that's a probable fact - my syndrome I have can have heart problems later in life - do I care? No. I'll still do what I want to do!

Sorry - went off on one there. Right - my system is nearly there now too (believe!). I am just juggling some amps and preamps, and after tonight's mini bake off (a colleague, my housemate, and a truckload of Naim bits, paving slabs, and speaker stands) I should know which way I want to proceed.

The turntable gets no more money (barring a new belt and stylus once in a while). The other sources are fine. Only the amps/speakers/stands/room interface left to null now. If I can't get deeper bass tonight than what I'm getting (most of it dumps through the floor, but what I've got is fairly bouncy and musical. Detail is irrelevant so long as I can suss out what's going on. Too much info can detract from the music.

domfjbrown, Aug 11, 2004
Ask a Question