speakers circa £1k

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by cat, May 8, 2005.

1. cat

ListeningEar

hahaha! Very good. Table is worth more than TV though especially as the TV is at least 15 years old and was given to me free!!

TV is the wife and kids domain, I much prefer my music.

ListeningEar, May 10, 2005
  2. cat

ListeningEar

Thank you very much, I am sure Roger Stone would also appreciate your comments on the efforts he went to in order to match this dark red cherry.

ListeningEar, May 10, 2005
  3. cat

ErikfH

That might still not be enough for a speaker like the 1.8. Dyns and amps (unless extremely powerful) are not easy to combine.

ErikfH, May 10, 2005
  4. cat

Rory satisfied

well we are talking a £4000 pre/power combo there. If that can't make 1.8mk2s sing then they are poorly designed imo

Rory, May 10, 2005
  5. cat

cat

I know they`re not standmounts but i wonder if anyone has heard and could recommend (or not) PMC FB1`s? Would they be on the bright side with that metal dome tweeeter? (similar to my CDM`s). I`ve read that they will go real low on the bass side but would they be able to go low enough for me to stop using my MJ sub? My room is 24ft x 13ft with the speakers placed on the long wall and thus i only sit about 9ft away from them so would these (or indeed any) floorstanders not be a good idea? My amplificaton is now the BelCanto Evo2i (awesome!) with my spinner being Cyrus cd7q + psx-r.
    cheers guys

cat, May 14, 2005
Ask a Question