The joys of buying a new cart

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by griffo104, Jul 18, 2005.

1. griffo104

Anex Thermionic

Hooray, cart is here. But being a total tw@ I managed to blow up my phono stage. So hopefully my RS order will be here tomorrow and HOPEFULLY I might have things running tomorrow evening but that remains to be seen.

Anex, Jul 21, 2005
  2. griffo104

Anex Thermionic

This has to be the easiest cart I've ever setup, 15mins out of the box to spinning. Couldn't resist so I wheeled out the old ISO and whacked a couple of resistors in. Bloody hell. Its better than the 17DII (at this point). VERY much better than the 17DII. Sound is huge, more detailed and damn its exciting- way more musical, I'd go so far as to say its not far off the change from my old OL Rega to my Morch DP6. Fantastic, notes all over the place that weren't there before, more control and generally more sense. And this is out the box, cold ISO, gain Rs lashed together and 100ohm loaded. Will have to see how it progresses.I need to get my tube stage sorted. After some listening.
    It doesn't half look funny on the end of the gold arm with a chrome deck though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2005
    Anex, Jul 21, 2005
Ask a Question