Transcribing vinyl to CD

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Jun 27, 2005.

1. I-S

Stuart

Anex - thanks, that course of action was far to obvious for me! Think the deck will need a thorough going over before we get to that point however.

Regards,

Stuart.

Stuart, Jun 30, 2005
  2. I-S

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

This is heresy, but I use a 609 as a slave, and master to a Sony JB940 minidisc deck, on which all track editing and correction gets done pre-master; the loss of quality you get via MD is minimal compared to the losses I get when I dub from the audio CDRW (mastered on the Pioneer, from the Sony MD using coaxial link) onto a standard data blank CDR for the system.

Copies actually don't sound that bad - even with the MD stage in the middle.

As for the deck, if the Thorens is too far gone, get the Debut Phono as mentioned (and check the alignment of the cart - they're never bang on!), or get a second hand Rega or similar as suggested.

Don't use click reduction as it kills the music - you only have to hear David Bowie's "Hunky Dory" remaster to see how crap and flat ANY kind of "no noise" processing makes music with tape hiss/crackle...

domfjbrown, Jun 30, 2005
  3. I-S

Dev Moderator

This is what I do, except that I have a Tascam.

Dev, Jun 30, 2005
  4. I-S

Anex Thermionic

Still say you should try the audition/cool edit pro click remover before you say that. Its really really good.

Anex, Jul 1, 2005
Ask a Question