What can we be told about the coming 3D Sonics Dipoles??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rick57, Sep 5, 2005.

1. rick57

T-bone Sanchez

Hey T, I've started so I'll finish! Serioulsy, Ive alot of design work on the 'other' speaker so I'd like to see it through.

T-bone Sanchez, Sep 6, 2005
  2. rick57

Stereo Mic

Thank you for your detailed reply and kind offer. No doubt I will hear these speakers at a show in the near future? Personally, I find full range designs to be too limited at the frequency extremes for my tastes and music, but I am always willing to be proved wrong.

Stereo Mic, Sep 6, 2005
  3. rick57

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

Maybe, while 3D Sonics is clearly an operation that (intends to) makes money, it is not my main source of income and mainly exists as creative outlet. How much time/money gets invested depends on many things. Shows are expensive in terms of money, stress and others.

This year we (realhi-fi & me) considered doing the September show, but despite a "good vibe" from last year we did not see any significant sales impact, so we may just let the dealers do theiir stuff.

Depending on many things I may be around in April at the Park In, with a pair of speakers and other stuff in tow....

Well, the frequency limits (eg < 50Hz and > 16KHz) are somewhat limited. However, reasonable (and reasonably well to integrate) subwoofers can be found and with a sufficient low crossover point can be integrated well.

The system Dev heard a while back and also the one from September 2004 used a pair of REL Quake's which worked rather well. I also add supertweeters (Visaton TL-16) and many different such are now available from a number of sources, we may or may not formally offer one ourselves.

BUT I also find that if the main range of the music is bad no amount of Bass's and Treble's fixes that.

Ciao T

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2005
    3DSonics, Sep 6, 2005
Ask a Question