What should I do?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by strabat, Dec 18, 2004.

1. strabat

amir

dynaudio contour s5.4
    krell 300il
    ML no.390S

amir, Dec 19, 2004
  2. strabat

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Strabat, having owned GR20's & Gr60's all I can say is, you aint looking to hard :)

wadia-miester, Dec 19, 2004
  3. strabat

strabat

ok wadia tell me some options instead of the GR60's that you think are better.. let me stress that you think are better..

Regards :cool:

strabat, Dec 19, 2004
  4. strabat

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Stop dreaming Strabat, every one knows you need Kans :D
    The GR series is limited in 3 main ways, obvious metal drivers, average x/over components and front bass reflex ports, oh and those lovely room interactions it generates due to the ports.
    Having owned both for over a year, partnered with various amplification and front ends, the conclution was pretty stark, great up to a point, but basically if you would like to listen to real sounding timbre like instruments and less clouded mids and more presence, then do audition some speakers you will be surprised. I felt the same way, until I was introduced how things can sound.
    I don't dislike the GR series (still use the centre & rears), It's just they can be clinical and cold and thin sounding in stock form, modding does help a lot, but again only so much you can do.
    I would take the 20's over the 60's, far more articulate and groovy, the 60's just up the bass wobble factor and room mode issues.
    Good but no cigar.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2004
    wadia-miester, Dec 19, 2004
  5. strabat

strabat

oh yeah bottleneck are you comparing Music Matters with sevenoaks.. :D hmm the guys in Music Matters would be tickled pink to hear that :)

strabat, Dec 19, 2004
  6. strabat

strabat

let me pick myself off the floor. sorry cannot stop laughing.. no if you suggested JMlab or some B&W's but Kans :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you ok any Wadia.. after all the support i given you.. :rolleyes:

strabat, Dec 19, 2004
  7. strabat

Ya-Boo

I agree 100%, IMHO they better anything I,ve heard up to 8.5K
    I,d only swap them for Pro-Ac D100 or Maggie 3.6's
    Alas My wife would not let me own either of the above

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2004
    Ya-Boo, Dec 19, 2004
  8. strabat

julian2002 Muper Soderator

strabat,
    it depends whihc music matters branch you are talking about. there are a few which stock some decent kit and others that aren;t much above sevenoaks. they all seem to be nice blokes there though.
    as for speakers perhaps we should be asking whihc ones you have heard and why you like the ma's so much. i suspect though that they could be improved upon even if it';s just an overhaul of the internal wiring and crossover components. also i guess it depends on domestic situation too, i heard some old lowther horns yesterday which sounded amazingly dynamic with a surprising amount of bass and all driven by 8 snorting, distorting watts of valve amp power. lovely.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 19, 2004
Ask a Question