Working for a HiFi dealer

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Matt F, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Matt F

The Devil IHTFP

The Devil, Oct 10, 2004
  2. Matt F

analoguekid Planet Rush

Yes I know James not as much as you, and that is the maximum commision available, not nescesarrily what I earn. Why do you think I'm worth more?

analoguekid, Oct 10, 2004
  3. Matt F

Robbo

FFS guys there's really no need for any willy waving about who earns the most. It's a rather rather unseemly subject to discuss dont you think?

Robbo, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Matt F

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Its terrible, how do you guys cope :( with under under £100K, I do dispare :rolleyes: and there was me thinking you were in Mick P's salary range :mad:

wadia-miester, Oct 10, 2004
  5. Matt F

julian2002 Muper Soderator

how american of you all. one of the reasons i left the god forsaken sink hole was the constant need for everyone to establish their place in society by waving their 'wad' around it was like the 80's never ended and being americans they didn't even have a sense of irony about it. come on, you're better than that.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Oct 10, 2004
  6. Matt F

The Devil IHTFP

Precisely.

The Devil, Oct 10, 2004
  7. Matt F

analoguekid Planet Rush

I was mearley helping Matt with his dilema by giving him a ballpark to work from, next time I'll do it through PM, was certainly not willy waving, as I'm sure there are a lot more on this forum who earn a good deal more than me, besides it matters not a jot to me how much I earn, 2 of my mates, could buy and sell the rest of us 10 times over, but they don't spend any more on a night out than the rest of us, James is taking this arguing over kit to other discusssions, not my intention when I posted, honest.

8. Matt F

The Devil IHTFP

I was doing nothing of the kind.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I was brought up to believe that any discussion about one's own income in public is both vulgar and in terribly poor taste.

I wasn't the first person to point this out in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2004
    The Devil, Oct 10, 2004
  9. Matt F

analoguekid Planet Rush

yet again you follow someone elses path James, I fail to see how it is vulgar and in poor tatse unless you are still living in a society with victorian morals, you have double standards though James as those who believe it is vulgar to talk about income, also beliebve it vulgar and in poor taste to enquire what someone has paid for a piece of merchandise, yet you took no moral stance when asking how much my kit costs.

One of the reasons we don't talk about salaries in this country is down to the employers, they would rather, you didn't talk about it so they can get away with paying people what they are prepared to accept rather than what the going rate is, one of the biggest casualties is women, due to not talking about salaries they are paid less than men generally for doing the same job, this is vulgar and unfair in a modern society.

10. Matt F

The Devil IHTFP

The reason why I wanted to know how much your components cost was so that I could try to put the sound into some sort of perspective.

"yet again you follow someone elses path James"

Don't be so soft. Why do you think I quoted your salary bit?

The Devil, Oct 10, 2004
  11. Matt F

Tom Alves

Only in this country. I gather in india it's quite de rigeuer.

I don't earn anything,

Tom Alves, Oct 11, 2004
  12. Matt F

analoguekid Planet Rush

I'm not sure why you quoted my salary without commenting, my reference to your path, is you seem to follow trends set by others, your flat earth system ideals, and your conformity with Victorian ideals, I use my own moral guide, which fits better with a modern society, hope this clears it up for ya.

analoguekid, Oct 11, 2004
Ask a Question