You know your headng for a crap week when:

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sid and Coke, May 29, 2005.

1. Sid and Coke

PBirkett VTEC Addict

AT, I sold the Skoda cos I moved out from my parents house, so couldnt afford the payments anymore (well I could, but not comfortably).

Lucky choice the Skoda really, because the vRS model, to date, held its value extremely well. I only had to pay just over a grand to get rid and clear the debt, money which was only going to go on insurance and servicing if I didnt get rid pretty damn quickly.

Its a blessing in disguise though, the Mk2 Golf is a lot more fun than the Fabia, probably just as quick, but noisier and more aggressive, gives a greater impression of speed and acceleration, and handles a LOT better. OK so its not as refined or luxurious, but you cant have everything for a grand. :)

PBirkett, Jun 1, 2005
  2. Sid and Coke

Mart Smog Dodger

I've been unlucky too, Saturday morning I sold a pair of speakers and managed to get more for them than I thought I would, so was quite chuffed wi me little self.

Saturday afternoon I went to Darlington and parked the car in a side street, when I got back to it some b*****d has run into the back of it. Needs new bumper (maybe), nearside light cluster, number plate & number plate lights.

The back bumper is a huge moulded wrap round plastic affair and I know its gonna be expensive to replace, its pretty much sprang back into shape, I'm hoping I can plastic weld the crack in it and then a light skim of catty may do it.

I dont wanna claim on the insurance as I have a £250 excess and 67% no claims bonus to worry about.

So, a bit off good luck on Saturday mornin, then bad luck got its own back big style on Saturday afternoon, would love to find the pillock that did it but as usual, no one saw a thing. :rolleyes:

Mart, Jun 1, 2005
Ask a Question