101cd - anyone else had problems?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by technobear, Oct 9, 2003.

1. technobear

voodoo OdD

That's why you should use www.Play.com ;)
    They're based in Jersey as well so the postage time is the same but they use padded envelopes and all p&p is free :D.

voodoo, Oct 13, 2003
  2. technobear

HenryT

Yeah, I use Play.com as well. They are good with delivery too, about 3 days typically from despatch.

Like I said previously, if cd-wow can deliver in 3 days from Hong Kong, then there's no reason why the Jersey based division of 101cd can't deliver in the same time.

Probably almost every other CD I get through the post from any mail order source has a broken case. Very annoying. I need to replenish my stock of spare CD cases to replace the broken ones I get through the post as I've used them all up. Who ever originally designed CD jewel cases needs to be shot!

Right, well I just received one of the CDs that 101cd despatched on the 8th (The Cult - Electric :cool: ), arrived this morning. I'm still waiting for CDs which were despatched on the 5th and 7th to turn up. And still awaiting confirmation of despatch of a CD I ordered on the 3rd. Ho-hum! :rolleyes:

HenryT, Oct 13, 2003
  3. technobear

cookiemonster

No such problems with Amazon :) better packaging.

cookiemonster, Oct 14, 2003
  4. technobear

HenryT

Think I've had at least 1 case (pun not intended) of broken jewel case from all places I've used, including Amazon. It's down to the Post Office IMO, I think if they drop any package hard enough they'll suceed in breaking the contents, which I'm sure they must do by having competitions in their sorting offices to while away the time. :rolleyes:

Another CD turned up this morning, Van Halen's self titled album, posted out by 101cd on the 7th.

Also got a letter this morning which was posted first class in the London SE postcode area and franked on the 3rd Oct!!! What is going on? :gatling:

HenryT, Oct 14, 2003
  5. technobear

cookiemonster

I don't know if this makes any difference, but i use a business address for both outgoing and incoming personal mail/packages. Never, as far as i can remember, and definitely so, at least as far as cd's are concerned, have i ever had a package go missing, turn up noticeably late, or turn up damaged. Lucky, maybe. But on the other hand i can cite numerous examples where the opposite occured when i previously used to use a domestic address, where on occasion valuable items never even turned up at all. I also use a business frank for all outgoing mail instead of stamps.

cookiemonster, Oct 14, 2003
  6. technobear

technobear Ursine Audiophile

I get cases from http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk Prcies start around 11p each. Cheaper the more you buy and they also do clear tray types and thick and thin doubles.

Good album :beer:

technobear, Oct 14, 2003
  7. technobear

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Only ever had one broken case in the 50 odd CDs I've ordered online, but I'll probably get stacks now after saying that :D

What is going on, Royal Mail business as usual, that's what. If they lost their monopoly on postal deliveries, with the "service" they give, I could see them winding up in even worse financial state than they are already.

ilockyer, Oct 14, 2003
  8. technobear

GAZZ

Yep 101cd i have had to wait 3 weeks before now, the latest Radiohead cd i think. On the other hand everytime i use cdwow, the cd arrives within 5 days usually within 3 days. As far as broken cases, cdwow has an address to write to in the uk if i remember correctly.

GAZZ

GAZZ, Oct 14, 2003
  9. technobear

MO! MOnkey`ead!

:confused: What, just for a general chat like? Or do they replace the cases? ;)

MO!, Oct 15, 2003
  10. technobear

michaelab desafinado

Here's another reason to buy from UK shops or Amazon.co.uk rather than CD-WOW, play.com, 101cd and similar:

http://www.ukcdr.org./issues/cd/bad/

It would seem that those companies source their CDs from other (non-UK) markets where use of copy-protection is far more prevalent than in the UK so you're much more likely to end up with a copy-protected CD.

Michael.

michaelab, Oct 16, 2003
Ask a Question