A newbie to the slaughter

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by seoulman, Apr 5, 2004.

1. seoulman

joongul Analog Zealot

Hi Steve,

Yes I'm Korean living in Seoul. Excuse my late reply, I have been away from ZG for a long time and only found your query yesterday.

Most of the s/h shops in Yongsan are in the 2nd floor of a building called jeon-ja-land (electronic land). In the south of Han river, you can try jeon-ja-sang-ga (electronic shops; i guess we are just not so creative in names). If you take subway line 3 (orange) and take off at Nambu terminal, then it is right outside exit #3. The shops are in the 4th floor, I think. Not as many as in Yongsan, though.

I'm afraid you will need some assistance in browsing the site I told you - one needs to register first before getting access to the marketplace, and while it is free to do so, foreigners will need to contact the site owner to register. Life can be tough for foreigners here...

Good luck, and feel free to e-mail me if you have more questions (jglee at kias dot re dot kr).

Joongul

joongul, Apr 19, 2004
  2. seoulman

seoulman

Hello Joongul,

Thanks for the tips I have set aside saturday to go wandering round gangnam and yongsan on saturday. I guess my girlfriend and I splitting on the last weekend has finally got an upside, more time to waste looking at hifi, (not sure if that a good thing, in fact know its not).
    The korean identidty number stikes again. So many websites in korea need the id number. I have an resident alien card but thats not acceptable either.
    I will let you know how I got on with searching for Hifi with only basic korean phrases and no translator later.

regards
    Steve

seoulman, Apr 20, 2004
Ask a Question