Anyonw watching BBC2 just now?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by GrahamN, Dec 30, 2003.

1. GrahamN

sideshowbob Trisha

sideshowbob, Jan 5, 2004
  2. GrahamN

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

They attempt to start every 'normal' record at about 12 quid, then whack it down by a quid a week until it shifts or hits the remainder bin downstairs. They also have a collectable section upstairs which is ludicrous, it must be aimed at ultra rich foreign businessmen who only have a rudimentary grasp of UK currency. To say the collectables are overpriced is a massive understatement.

The good thing about MVE is that they are now too big employ too many people, some who have way too little knowledge to accurately price stuff. It is very possible to win there, I've frequently come out with stuff from the 2 quid bin downstairs at Notting Hill or the now sadly gone 20p basement at Shepherds Bush with stuff that is worth a good price. It is definitely possible to 'win' there!

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 5, 2004
  3. GrahamN

joel Shaman of Signals

Oh yes, used to pop in there v.occasionally when I lived in Kentish Town. Never actually bought anything as all I owned was a worse-for-wear walkman.
    I thought Camden was very posh ;)

joel, Jan 5, 2004
Ask a Question