Audio Synthesis

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jackthebiscuit, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Jackthebiscuit

GaryG

Thanks merlin, I have a bunch of other questions which I will probably save for a seperate thread.

Regards
    Gary

GaryG, Jun 23, 2004
  2. Jackthebiscuit

ANOpax ESL-Meister

Burn baby burn

Hi Gary

Thanks for the answers to my questions. From your previous post (#35), I assume the new discrete has arrived :) . Have the BGs burnt in yet or is it too early to post your first impressions?

reg

ANOpax, Jun 24, 2004
  3. Jackthebiscuit

GaryG

Hi Reg

The Discrete has been on constant replay since last Friday, initial impressions are that it resolves more detail than the Decade with better timing. Strangely it hasn't exhibited the same character as the Decade during the Black Gate 'running in' period. The Decade was awful for the first week and didn't really start to sound good until after a couple of weeks. The Discrete sounded good out of the box but hasn't really changed much over the past week. At the moment it isn't quite as 'involving' as the Decade, it's more clinical in it's presentation. I'm trying to hold my nerve on this an keep telling myself that it will settle in as the Black Gates burn in, but it is difficult! Having said that I nearly sold my Meridian G98 several times in the first month, it sounded bloody awful out of the box and took a good three weeks of constant replay before it started to sound decent.

Regards
    Gary

GaryG, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Jackthebiscuit

GaryG

I can confirm that the digital L/R output from the 568.2 works okay when set to upsampling. I spent some time yesterday comparing 44.1k with 88.2k from the 568.2 with the Discrete, if there is a difference I haven't spotted it yet, looks like there's no advantage in sending an 88.2k signal to the Discrete as it already does 16x oversampling.

GaryG, Jun 25, 2004
Ask a Question