Bel Canto DACs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by JackOTrades, Jun 10, 2004.

1. JackOTrades

JackOTrades

Alanbeen,

Did you get around to try any of these pieces of kit? Curious about what you thought of them. I haven't yet been able to listen to any DAC kit or CDPlayers... (my fault really, have been too busy with work and other stuff)

cheers,
    Jack

JackOTrades, Jun 23, 2004
  2. JackOTrades

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

No not yet - dealer was waiting for Electrocompaniet and Audio note dacs but has not got hold of them yet, maybe another week or two.

The other dealer in Scotland, based in Fife, who does Bel Canto and Perpetual Technologies Dacs has been a waste of time, after emailing to say he would be in touch the next day has gone completely silent despite promptings over several weeks.... how do these people ever make a sale? :mad:

Not so Glasgow Audio.... no sooner had I posted on another thread (my review of the MF trivista DAC 21) that I couldn't find anyone in Scotland to demo a Chord DAC64 they phoned up to say they will bring one round to my house tonight and leave it with me for a few days.... now that is good given I'm 40 miles away! :) Will post my impressions after trying it out.

In meantime I have revisited the meridian G07 and G08 players - both imprssive but didn't do quite enough to make me want to pay up.

Also Ditton kindly brought over his Audio Synthesis DAX Decade on Saturday and we spent a couple of hours trying it out. Pretty good, but maybe not enough warmth & bass weight for my tastes but certainly exciting and more involving than my current Sony. Ditton thinks I may have to look at putting a bit more absorbent material in the room, it is thickly carpeted but he thinks it may be reflections that are making me find some music strident with some of the equipment I've heard. I may try a rug on the wall somewhere.

alanbeeb, Jun 23, 2004
Ask a Question