Best bargain EVER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by inteificio, Mar 17, 2005.

1. inteificio

Ya-Boo

Muffinman, exactly the sames story, Phoned three times Friday, spoke to 3
    different sales girls,include one a very stroppy bird called Jasmine the promised email order form never arrived,
    copied & mailed my order via Email
    good job I phoned 2day cos the cannot find my E mail with the order
    anyway I was lucky to get a couple of sets of the 351's before they sold out
    14 day wait though

Ya-Boo, Mar 22, 2005
  2. inteificio

Will The Lucky One

My job interview went well, I have been promised a phonecall by tomorrow evening at the latest by the guy who interviewed me...309s methinks, won't be useful at uni but at home they really will do the business :)

Will, Mar 22, 2005
  3. inteificio

ats

Got my 309s earlier this afternoon, set them up and I have to agree they do sound 'very poo'. I'm amazed something can sound so tinny and have so much bass at the same time! I really hope they do improve in a fortnight, they've got a long way to go at the moment. If not look out for them on eBay :)

ats, Mar 22, 2005
  4. inteificio

muffinman

horses for courses,

mine have already replaced my b&w 602's and i imagine they will only get better.

this is one of the problems of blind buying though

muffinman, Mar 22, 2005
  5. inteificio

Hodgesaargh

I emailed them that order form that someone kindly posted on Friday. Havent had a reply from them yet - I assume from reading other peoples feedback that they just send them out without letting you know they've received the order? Hope so anyway - how long til they arrive?

Hodgesaargh, Mar 22, 2005
  6. inteificio

Ya-Boo

I,d phone them just to be sure they got your order

Ya-Boo, Mar 22, 2005
  7. inteificio

Goomer

Well, I've had my set (309's, 308, 307, 300c's) in the movie room for a couple of days now, and have put the 5.1 system through it's paces with a couple of fairly busy movies (The Two Towers and The Matrix) and lots of music (including Royksopp, Danzig, Bob Marley, Joni Mitchell, Deep Purple, Miles Davis and Ella Fitzgerald to name a few), and have to say that I'm very impressed indeed.

My previous sub was a Gale Sub 10 and I'd been very happy with it for movies (never used it for music) but the 308 allows a degree of integration which the Gale didn't, and the remote facility is extremely handy for sorting stuff out from where you actually watch from. I've tried the system with and without the sub in use and, despite what the technical stats may suggest, it definitely adds a lot - starts and stops nice and quickly too, which really adds to the dramatic impact of some of the explosion to sudden lull points in the movie (when they let off the EMP at the end of The Matrix, for example).

I must say that it's nice having a matched set of speakers when it comes to surround effects too, giving a much more 'at the cinema' feel of just watching the screen and hearing what's going on, rather than watching the different speakers for different sounds that used to occur when using my mix and match system.

The 309's certainly cut the mustard for music, too. I've not bothered using the sub when playing straight stereo music, as the 309's seem to give a very realistic depth to things by themselves and, as yet, haven't put a foot wrong. I'll be very pleased indeed if there are any dramatic improvements to what is already an excellent sound, especially considering the price.

All in all, a very happy camper indeed, so sorry about the slightly gushing post.

Chris.

Goomer, Mar 24, 2005
  8. inteificio

inteificio

Exactly the prob i had when new. tons of bass, no midrange and tinny treble.

Don't worry, the bass remains, the midrange catches up and the treble smooths off.

if you do put them on eBay what price are we talking about?

inteificio, Mar 24, 2005
  9. inteificio

ats

I've been listening quite a bit to the 309s since I've got them and they're definitely starting to grow on me. :eek: I put the foam bungs in the front of the speakers and that has sharpened the bass up nicely. Also I've got the positioning in my room correct for them, I think.

Just been listening to Kraftwerk's Autobahn which did sound really good so I probably wont be selling these on eBay. I did buy another pair of 309s, after taking your original advice, and I'll stick these on eBay some time. I'll probably just let them go on the auction rather than have a buy it now price.

ats, Mar 24, 2005
  10. inteificio

inteificio

hey you guys arn't supposed to sell them on eBay!
    You are supposed to buy ALL of themso they run out of stock so I can put them on eBay.
    my moneymaking plan, MINE!!!!!

in truth the 309s have grown on me so much I am using my second pair for rear surrounds.

whichis strange as my roomis quite small!

inteificio, Mar 25, 2005
  11. inteificio

bogbloke

I am very impressed with my 309s. I had no problems with ordering them, i ordered them over email, i emailed them later for them to confirm my order and they did.

They were in perfect condition when I got them apart from the mesh was not stuck down properly but nothing a bit of glue cant fix. I have them about a week so not sure if they are completley worn in yet. These are better then my original Acoustic Energy Aegis 2 i had.

How do you guys burn in speakers? who agrees with me that you can go wrong for £150?

bogbloke, Mar 29, 2005
  12. inteificio

inteificio

it took 2-3 weeks of playing about 18 hours a day at a medium volume to get the sound to sound, well, like sound and not a buffalo having a cat inserted in its rectum.

give it a few weeks then the sound will shine.

inteificio, Mar 29, 2005
  13. inteificio

bogbloke

cool, did you keep changing the cds everytime you finished one? Think me playing my music at half volume with these things would do me parents head in. Have you used the foam bungs for these speakers?

bogbloke, Mar 29, 2005
  14. inteificio

MikeD Militant Nutter

wrap them up in a duvet :p

MikeD, Mar 29, 2005
  15. inteificio

bogbloke

lol

bogbloke, Mar 29, 2005
  16. inteificio

inteificio

There are a few CDs out there that are recordings of static!
    trains you speakers well but does not wind the neighbours up.
    When i was in the house i used a variety of music.....
    Faithless is a favourite of mine.

inteificio, Mar 29, 2005
  17. inteificio

bogbloke

I like faithless also, great band!

bogbloke, Mar 30, 2005
  18. inteificio

Hodgesaargh

I find Faithless extremely bland.

Hodgesaargh, Mar 30, 2005
  19. inteificio

inteificio