Can anyone advise me on mp3 players or ipod thingummies?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Goomer, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Goomer

Sid and Coke

The iPod Nano, what a seriously brilliant little piece of engineering. My Boy is in bed (sleeping off the effects of birthday booze from the smell of him :rolleyes: ). Anyway i've snaffled his Nano , just to see what he got for my money :) . I can't believe that i'm sitting here at 1am in the morning, typing this post whilst listening to compressed hardstyle (??? :rolleyes: ) 'dance' music as i call it and thouroughly enjoying the experience, I can't keep still , this is a seriously desirable toy.

Great suggestion iGary, cheers :beer:

So how long before he trashes it ........

Sid and Coke, Dec 11, 2005
  2. Goomer

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

I've been very pleased with my iPod Mini - glad I took out the extra warranty that covers cackhandedness, as mine met the pavement the other week on the way home from work, cracking the screen! However, can't fault the service - they collected it a week Wednesday ago and I got it back last Wednesday.

As a stand-in, I bought a £20 Matsunichi 256MB MP3 player from Dixons. Can't really complain - even using stock earphones. Bass is a bit lacking and the sound is more tinny than the iPod, but for the price, a bit of a bargain. I've recommended it to a few people after a cheap MP3 player for their kids etc. Bonus is that you plug it in to your USB port and it just appears as a removable drive. Copy the files across using Windows Explorer and you're good to go. Can't really moan for £20.

My parents have bought my sister a Creative MP3 player - 1GB I think, so I'll rip some music into MP3 format and compare the two players - using the same set of earphones of course. I'll also compare the same track on the iPod both in AAC/MP3 format vs. MP3 on the Creative. Will be interesting to hear the results.

Edit - my 666th post :bub: - coudn't resist! :green:

nsherin, Dec 11, 2005
Ask a Question