Damned eBay!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Jul 8, 2003.

1. michaelab

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

ive a 486 75mhz laptop ya can buy for ,o lets see,??? £150 ,for another £50 i'll throw in the docking station:D

themadhippy, Jul 9, 2003
  2. michaelab

GrahamN

...although that does seem to happen primarily in response to invasions of ruffians from over the northern borders (i.e. Berkshire) - or on occasions from further afield :rolleyes:

Once again though, after sections of this evening's concert, I feel an extra notch or two on the volume control is still required on occasion :yikes:.

Pulling auctions on eBay is allowed - although given as a potentially valid reason for negative feedback. I think you're only prevented from ending an auction early in the last 12 hours (or at least that was what we found when I tried doing a private deal with one seller).

GrahamN, Jul 9, 2003
  3. michaelab

cookiemonster

It is allowed up until 12hrs as Graham says - there is no way of proving that they have in fact sold it privately (more than likely), even though they have justified it on the grounds that the goods are now damaged or something like that. Of course this is another way for sellers to 'escape' the commision charges, by scraping the ad and selling behind closed doors. I have done it a couple of times myself, where i have had no choice, 'cos i was made an offer i couldn't refuse, but don't like doing it.

A Troughline was pulled the other day, and i had decided to bid to oblivion on it! I hope the seller knows this and that he got tuppence for it - i was miffed.:mad:

I'm a nice guy though too - never left negative feedback, even though i have had a couple of dodgy deals now. I'd have to be pushed, as it will only incite these rogues to leave it for you too.

ruffians in Berkshire?? Surely not :D Give them a good pummeling with some lemon puffs, that 'ill sort 'em out. These jazzy jeffs casting a lingering stench over the fine tribe of Berkshire residents. 'tis not a fair reflection sir - you have obviously had a bad batch - maybe it should be my duty to correct this unfavourable impression sometime soon. :D

cookiemonster, Jul 10, 2003
  4. michaelab

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

That'll be standard Ebay rhole madness then - some twonk has a Nakamichi CR1E on there with ONLY a buy-it-now option of £199 - it's been on there about 6 times in a row and I doubt the deck's really worth more than a tonne now - and certainly not even that much if it hasn't had the idler mech upgrade...

Those socks are up to £4.19 already - some tingtong people out there it would appear. Let's see them again anyway!!
    [​IMG]

domfjbrown, Jul 10, 2003
  5. michaelab

cookiemonster

i've seen that - all his gear is overpriced, and has been there for months - that Nak is not even a good ad - it is worth £100 TOPS IMO, less really - more like £50-£80 - the CR1 is no big wowsa. Don't no where he gets £199 from. Seems stupid - as he will be paying to list it every time.

There is a guy (dealer?) who has just flooded the place with a few high end decks - including a ZX7 with a starting price of £695!! for a 20 yr old bit of kit - that is worth more like £400 at best. Although he has got a bidder on a Dragon at £850. The rx505 is up for £650 which is also supremely pricey.

Don't they research what things are worth?

6. michaelab

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Dom, only you would look on ePay for socks, I know you say your job is boring but surely there are limits...

ilockyer, Jul 10, 2003
  7. michaelab

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Yes, then they double it!

The MF X series components always give me a laugh (and frustration). The XCans for eX:pample can be picked up for £120 new if you look around. RRP £150 I think. I've seen them go for over £150 quite a few times!

MO!, Jul 10, 2003
  8. michaelab

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Why bother? There's always a tool out there somewhere who'll pay - look at those socks!!! Ian - I didn't do a search on "socks" myself - even I'm not that bored!!! :)

I'd like a Nak ZX7 or 9 (or Dragon) though :cool:

domfjbrown, Jul 10, 2003
  9. michaelab

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

davidcotton, Jul 10, 2003
  10. michaelab

cookiemonster

That's the one i was on about - £695.

Ask a Question