Decent interconnects needed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Matt F, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Matt F

Robbo

Yes, but if you buy wisely s/h you can try out some different options, keep the one you like best and sell on with minimal loss at a later date when upgrade time comes along.

Matt was interested in commercially available cables, so I recomended a good one. If he had wanted to make his own, then I guess he would have posted in the DIY forum!

btw, I was aware of the venhaus DIY cable and its is meant to be good

Robbo, Aug 7, 2004
  2. Matt F

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

my advice would be to put the money in the budget you have for speakers.

if you (must) buy more expensive interconnects at a later date, at least you will be trying them with the speakers you will be using.

bottleneck, Aug 7, 2004
  3. Matt F

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Well... if it is purely subtractive changing an interconnect could make a system sound brighter in two ways:

1) If you replace your existing cable which subtracts more HF than the new one then the result will be brighter

2) If the treble performance is identical but the new cable subtracts more LF, the overall balance will be brighter.

I suspect cable issues aren't anything like as simple as this BTW, but you get the idea.

On the CAD cable front, I wasn't pushing these as being exceptional earlier BTW, but a free listen is never a bad plan.

Oh, and I think Bottleneck's advice above is right on the money.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2004
    MartinC, Aug 8, 2004
Ask a Question