Diy Question thread

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Johnny, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Johnny

andyoz

Good work Tenson. I urge anyone going down the route of room treatement to get a basic grasp of pressure versus particle velocity. It will stop you wasting a lot of time on incorrectly selecting/placing treatments.

As already said, foam or mineral wool type absorbers work by converting the particle velocity kinetic energy (i.e. kinetic energy of air molecules as sound wave passes through the medium) into heat due to friction effects in the material.

andyoz, Jun 15, 2006
  2. Johnny

Dev Moderator

I think Anex's post has summed up all that needed to be said. I can't see any point in allowing this pointless thread to continue.

Sorry andyoz, Tensen and others who started discussing serious topics. Please start another thread.

Edit: Johnny, attacking the forum administrator and other members (who incidentally are obviously far more educated/experienced in their field) is not particularly clever and is against the AUP and continuation of such behaviour will result in a ban. Please refrain from doing so again.

Dev, Jun 15, 2006
Ask a Question