DNM speaker cable vs. the rest

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by BerylliumDust, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BerylliumDust

Dev Moderator

:confused:

Dev, Dec 17, 2004
  2. BerylliumDust

taz

as it happens my cables are causing me problems at the moment i have mismatched them and while they have some great plusses there are some negatives i just can't live with. i may well part with my chord oddessy 4 and my chord signatures very soon
    i have been recommended the lat ic 200 interconnects and the black rhodium ast200 anyone use either of these?

taz, Dec 17, 2004
  3. BerylliumDust

michaelab desafinado

You can't null test speaker cables in a real world situation (with a real amp and speakers. If you null test the amp with 2 different cables then all you're comparing is how well the amp handles the characteristics of the cable, not the cable itself. You're just testing the quality of the amp, not the cables.

You certainly are not testing how much distortion (if any) a cable is introducing into the system.

Oh, and if OCOS was so bad then why did Dynaudio recommend it for their speakers, especially for their pro studio monitors, and go as far as putting special coax connectors on the back of their speakers to let you plug it in without leadout wires?

If a cable has a Zobel network on it is irrelevant. It's as a "saftey" feature so make them compatible with certain amps and has no effect on other amps.

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 17, 2004
  4. BerylliumDust

michaelab desafinado

This thread was also going nowhere so I've closed it.

michaelab, Dec 17, 2004
Ask a Question