Ebay - again

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MO!, Mar 8, 2004.

1. MO!

michaelab desafinado

Just got a PM from someone on the forum who wishes to remain anonymous (someone with a good posting record, so not a recent sign up) who e-mail the Richer Sounds guy at eBay and got the following response:

Michael.

michaelab, Mar 9, 2004
  2. MO!

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Its quite ironic that they can run 50 HIFI stores and own a lot of HIFI companies yet when it comes to somthing so simple like setting up an ebay store they get it wrong.

amazingtrade, Mar 9, 2004
  3. MO!

greg Its a G thing

Nice the guy came so clean. Kind of endearing really.

greg, Mar 9, 2004
  4. MO!

Greg I see you're a Hacienda fan. Did you go to Hacienda a lot? I went past it the other day it was actually quite sad to see the new flats there.

I was sadly too young (by about 3 years) to go to Hacienda and it probably wasn't as good in the later years anyway.

5. MO!

lordsummit moderate mod

Ah well those were the days. Breaks my heart to see those flats. The film does it pretty well. Best night ever was Sasha and Digweed in 1997. must have been one of the last. Was a regular there from 1990 onwards. You missed out AT there are some benefits to being old:)

lordsummit, Mar 9, 2004
  6. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I sent an email to Richers yesterday and had a reply from them confirming they are genuine RS offers!

I thought it seemed fishy, and I wonder how many others would have been put off bidding?

MO!, Mar 9, 2004
  7. MO!

I think the nearest think we have to it now is Sankey's Soap but I've heared its not a patch on the Hacienda. I'm glad to see the legacy of Madchester is still here though, you can't go into any manchester pub/bar without hearing Madchester classics.

The film was good, there was a lot of needless swearing in it though, Rob Gretton for example didn't swear at all and I never saw him with a fag/joint, although i only knew him as Benidicts dad.

I guess all films have t spice things up though.

Anyway sorry for making this go way off topic.

8. MO!

greg Its a G thing

Oh the nostalgia - its not what it used to be!
    The Hac was special no doubt. Gotta be up there with the Paradise Garage.

Park and Pickering were true pioneers, though as good as the Nude friday nights were (and they were truly superb), the saturday nights during late 90, 91 and 92 with Park and Wainwright had a magic that exceeded the sheer madness of Nude. No hype, just absolute and utter musical craftsmanship built carefully over the weeks to form musical concepts - this was always the strength of the Hac sticking with their resident DJs and something lost since most clubs moved to having a different big guest each week. 93 onwards strayed (IMO) due to Graeme's extreme nasal cleansing habit.

Whilst Sasha and Digweed have had more exposure, and are great DJs, I have to say Park at his best was peerless (for a few years anyway). I'm sure many would disagree, but I know a great when I hear one.

greg, Mar 9, 2004
Ask a Question