Finally....new speakers!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by batfink, Jul 26, 2004.

1. batfink

andrew1810

Does anyone know anything about the DPA Renaissance CDP? I can't find anything about it on the internet.

How would it compare to my Marantz and something of a similar second hand value (£250-£275)?

Thanks

Andrew

andrew1810, Jul 31, 2004
  2. batfink

PeteH Natural Blue

Thoroughly agreed. I'm entirely happy with the speakers I have now because I decided to spend the extra bit on getting the bigger model, rather than making do with the "sensible" option.

PeteH, Jul 31, 2004
  3. batfink

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I like this :) and agree wholeheartedly!

bottleneck, Jul 31, 2004
  4. batfink

batfink

Could be you were right after all! At the time, I'd only heard the 15.2 in the Arcam/Naim system and not with my amp. I also wanted to compare them to Monitor Audio as I listened to the S5's when I first started looking this time last year and thought they were v. impressive.

On the day, I listened to the S6's and thought they were great, except for one track which sounded a bit dull and lifeless. Everything came to life with the Epos' - there certainly wasn't £150 worth of difference between the 12.2 and the S6.

Right up until that demo I had my heart set on a pair of floorstanders, but was always concerned my room might be too small. When it came down to it, I preferred the Epos sound and decided standmounts would be a more sensible purchase.
    Not yet. Thought I'd get the speakers and let them settle in first. Could be down your way in the near future though to listen to that Nait 5i again :)

Getting a bit p*ssed off now as I've had no music for over a week. Was originally promised the speakers would arrive at Lintone from Epos within 24hrs. Then I was promised they would be there by the end of the week. 1 week later and I'm still waiting. It looks bad on Lintone, even though I'm sure it's the fault of the courier company. It's made worse by the fact I'm now at the other end of the country and they will have to be sent from Lintone to me by Parcelfarce :mad:

batfink, Aug 2, 2004
  5. batfink

batfink

Just had the call from Lintone to say they've finally arrived.

The excuse given by Epos/ the courier company was the courier parked up his van and decided he'd had enough of life en route - not sure I want them now if that's what Epos speakers drive you to :D

batfink, Aug 2, 2004
Ask a Question