Free To Air

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MO!, Nov 18, 2003.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Santa got me a pioneer TF100. :D

I've currently got it connected to a little tv top aerial :confused: and get a few chan's but none of the standard ones (BBC1,2,ITV,C4,C5). I've connected it to the roof top aerial and can get all chan's through that.

So..........

How do I go about taking a second feed from the rooftop aerial? Is it possible? Is it easy? Will it effect quality?

Cheers

MO :D

MO!, Jan 8, 2004
  2. MO!

avanzato

I split mine with a 4 way Labgear distribution amp in the loft, cut the aerial cable and attached it to the amp then ran new leads from the amp to the rooms that had TVs. The Labgear was one I got pre digital from the local TV repair shop but still seems to work OK. Doing it now I'd get one with the satellite F type screw connectors which are much more secure than the push fit style on mine.

At first after at that hard work the reception was not good (broke up a lot) as I live in a bad signal area. Then I changed the new down leads to double shielded cable and it made a huge difference to the reception. I found it an easy job to do but then I do live in a Bungalow ;)

avanzato, Jan 8, 2004
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I think there may be a amp/spliter thing up there already :D

Will hopefuly get up to have a look toMOrow.

Having just looked in the ol' faithful Argos Catalogue there's a few in there for under £20 too :D

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2004
    MO!, Jan 12, 2004
Ask a Question