Good balanced cable

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Curt, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Curt

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Chris you did hear them with valves at the Heathrow show, I run the G's at Chez Wm

wadia-miester, Apr 18, 2004
  2. Curt

Curt

Im using Chord Odyssey speaker cable m8 dont know where you got silver aniversary from.
    I think i may change that also as it is a bit laid back and could do with being more open but not losing the weight.
    Thinking of trying something like Nordost Blue Heaven IC's and SCable.
    Trying the Chord Sig IC at present and its pretty good but i think the speaker cable may be holding it back and to be honest cant hear much difference if any between it and the Chorus.

Curt

Curt, Apr 19, 2004
  3. Curt

Curt

Well i found a cable that worked in a big way.
    Transparent music link plus balanced
    Fek me has anybody else got or tried these cables?
    They have a mysterious black box in the middle of them which hides some form of network that is meant to reject nasties.
    How did it sound?
    Awesome my god me and the wife fell of the chair.
    The music just rolls out now everything sounds live, loads of presence and soundstage with no loss of dynamics or speed.
    In fact its the quickest cable i have heard and i know have a midrange to die for.
    The speakers just dissappear.
    I knew my components were bloody good:D
    Everything sounds so real, you can hear all of the instruments and voices not just part of them and different tones of bass guitars and drums.
    Even CD's that sounded poor previously now sound a lot better.
    Just goes to show cables make a major difference in my system and i could have been spending heaps upgrading my products just because i was too lazy or pig ignorant to find the right cable.
    At £560 it wasn't cheap but i wouldn't of got anywhere near that level of improvement buy upgrading another component by that much.
    Superb

Curt

Curt, Apr 22, 2004
Ask a Question