Heathrow Show

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by wadia-miester, Sep 22, 2004.

1. wadia-miester

LiloLee Blah, Blah, Blah.........

On my quick fly around yesterday the Walrus room was the best. I'll take some photos today for those that can't make it.

Neil/Michael sorry I lost you - see you soon.

LiloLee, Sep 25, 2004
  2. wadia-miester

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Although opinions may differ ....

Check Daytona's view on the Naim forum

7_V, Sep 25, 2004
  3. wadia-miester

sideshowbob Trisha

Yes, but he's a Naim dealer...

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 25, 2004
  4. wadia-miester

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

No, they were Blue Herons.

The AR/Wilson setup was in one of the big suites in the middle of the park inn, next door to a big krell HT setup which was being used to good effect on some drum pieces.

I-S, Sep 25, 2004
  5. wadia-miester

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Well its expected that Merlin will not like the naim stuff, even if it were scientifically proven to be the best hifi on earth, so I am glad he got it out the way quickly LOL

garyi, Sep 25, 2004
  6. wadia-miester

penance Arrogant Cock

gary,
    please do not attempt to explain how it could be scientifically proven ;) :D

penance, Sep 25, 2004
  7. wadia-miester

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I actually liked the Usher room - but then I always do. They have an Usher cheapo CD player and some Gamut copy Usher power amp onto some Usher speakers - all things considered it was rather excellent.

lAmBoY, Sep 25, 2004
  8. wadia-miester

rewster

Gotaa agree with lamboy that Usher was my favourite room overall, great sound, look good, and the prices really low, that cdp was only £330, and sounded a treat. Nice people too, and a freebie cd, you can't knock it.

rewster, Sep 25, 2004
  9. wadia-miester

rewster

BTW,

I'd suggest if you are parking on site you use the renaissance, its about a tenner cheaper a day, and same for coffee, small mortgage req'd in the park, quid a cup in the renaissance.

rewster, Sep 25, 2004
  10. wadia-miester

Strangely though, it was £40-£50 cheaper to stay in the park inn than the renaissance. Not that I was paying :D...

I-S, Sep 25, 2004
  11. wadia-miester

julian2002 Muper Soderator

well had a quick fly round again there was nothing that really blew my socks off. had a good chinwag with various poeple from the forum so fun was had. the krell demo was ok but again very smoooooth. didn't hear the wilson maxx's the usher room was ok. prolly my favorite rooms were the gt audio room and the eminence room (purely because they had comedy bass from their 75k sub / sat package in such a small room).
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 25, 2004
  12. wadia-miester

Just returned.

I was astounded that Chord could sound so prosaic. Jesus this bling bling crap costs in excess of 50k and it sounded dire, I would seriously consider how big my penis was before forking out for chord because it has no redeeming attributes what so ever. What about them house sized amps with blue lights LOL and it sounded shite!

Those clear speakers the huge ones, they sounded dull as hell. Infact most of that side of the road sounded bad.

Worse still there were no decent records, diverse even managed to have nothing I wanted. All in all a disappointing visit.

High points, I think the naim sub looks and sounds stunning and I loved the Orbital DVD they had playing (So have purchased)

One other thing, music, WTF is it all about, the main thing that drew me into the rooms was when it was good music, I love Pink Floyd but three rooms in a row had Time playing FFS.

And still they are peddling out Nora 'Steven toy probably likes me' Jones playing god help us all.

garyi, Sep 25, 2004
  13. wadia-miester

merlin

Hugely amusing Steve, but I guess Naim owners have yet to experience really good sound and vision ;) The picture on the DVD player was comparable with a Toshiba 330 - I think they need to get out more.

What was interesting was Naim complimenting Tact on their setup :eek: So Alex must be listening for something else. To put it all in context, the Naim setup and the Tact one cost roughly the same, and both did things well. The problem for me with Naim is simple - it only plays some recordings very well, and makes others unbearable. Not what I want from a hifi.

What a shame no one was demming big horns or JBL's :(

merlin, Sep 25, 2004
  14. wadia-miester

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

mike - maybe we need to set up a ''Merlin and Bottleneck'' room next year :D I can bring me massive wanging horns, and you can bring some huge JBLs.

!!

Although since were not selling jack, it would be willy waving to the point of ridicule.

Oh well. :)

PS Sorry I missed everyone this time. Ive had great fun painting my sisters new house today instead :S

bottleneck, Sep 25, 2004
  15. wadia-miester

Robbo

Gary you were right, they were dire. We managed to drive them into clipping as well with one of the tracks we put on. Not something you would expect from £30K of monster amplification.

All in all a very disappionting show. very few rooms were much cop IMO.

Robbo, Sep 25, 2004
  16. wadia-miester

Robbo

Alex,

if you are reading this, the Tact system cost £30K not £150K so it is in the same ball park as the bigger Naim system. I'd like to see how the SL2s would have coped in that huge room. didnt get to hear the ARC/Wilsons which I would have liked to have heard. Not that I am buying that kind of system anytime soon.

BTW, what planet has daytona been living on for the last 5 years? The picture quality in the Naim dem was mediocre at best. A vested interest I guess.

Robbo, Sep 25, 2004
  17. wadia-miester

So Robbo in essence you are saying f**k the quality feel the width, lol

garyi, Sep 25, 2004
  18. wadia-miester

Robbo

No, just that the Tact gear is a lot cheaper than you think. You didnt think the Naim room with the SL2s was any good did you?

Robbo, Sep 25, 2004
  19. wadia-miester

Please don't insult my 330... it isn't that bad...

I-S, Sep 25, 2004
  20. wadia-miester

merlin

Sorry Isaac.

But then you can rest easy knowing that your Toshiba is as good as Salisbury can come up with for £2K :D FWIW, I like the Tosh, but wouldn't spend two grand on it.

For Naim it was a case of too little too late IMHO.

merlin, Sep 25, 2004
Ask a Question