HiFi+....at it again!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Apr 6, 2004.

1. michaelab

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

It's a question of degree.

7_V, Apr 13, 2004
  2. michaelab

DavidY80 Long Member

Total and utter shite! Magazines spout rubbish all the time, not just about hi-fi either. These publications are businesses, each with their own targets and agendas. To believe that they are somehow automatically objective because they're published in a paper format is frankly naive. I'm not sure who you think these people will "get into hot water" from either. The views expressed in print are no more or no less valid than those on the internet - the media is not the controlling factor. It is true to say that more of us take time to post on the internet rather than write to magazines, but in this way we can also be sure that our views are "unfiltered".

The only surefire way is to do your own research, listen for yourself, or if that really isn't possible - listen to someone who's judgement you trust.

DavidY80, Apr 15, 2004
  3. michaelab

spxy

"Total and utter shite! Magazines spout rubbish all the time, not just about hi-fi either."

How does this aurgumentation work mate?
    Theres more crap on the internet than in magazines,magazines which can more easily be sued if they print half truths and lies.Most often you have one or too statments in a post on the internet with no supporting aurgument.
    I read more crap here than in many magazines.

spxy, Apr 17, 2004
Ask a Question