Hifi+ mag

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rockhopper, Feb 7, 2007.

1. rockhopper

ben556473

Bottleneck, I think they could cover production costs with the £4 we pay and half the adverts. Only a guess mind you. They didn't used to have so many if I remmember correctly. I wonder if someone with a mag from ten years ago could compare how many ads are in it compared to todays issue?

ben556473, Feb 11, 2007
  2. rockhopper

Paul Ashworth SP10 Aficionado

If Roy Gregory didn't get a massive hard on every time NORDOST was mentioned Hi-fi+ would be readable.

Sq, Naim cables were never designed to be 'the best'. They were designed to be best within the context of a particular application (in a Naim system). Naim decided to include phono connectors to make their gear easier to integrate with other manufacturer's equipment, and so Naim users could try 'fancy' cables against the stock ones...and discover it's a complete waste of money ;)

----------------------
    Paul

Paul Ashworth, Feb 11, 2007
  3. rockhopper

Paul Ashworth SP10 Aficionado

That was supposed to be the case, but curiously he's still writing for HFN, as a cursory glance at this month's HFN clearly shows. He certainly now also writes for HFC. Kessler is a cock, but at least he has an opinion and is not afraid to express it, which in my book elevates him above the bland and predictable sputum churned out by most other hi-fi journalists. Paul Messenger is cool, though.

----------------------
    Paul

Paul Ashworth, Feb 11, 2007
  4. rockhopper

mr cat Member of the month

possibly - but they're a business and they're out to make as much cash as they can...;)

mr cat, Feb 11, 2007
Ask a Question