Hotpoint Aquarius - any good?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by I-S, May 22, 2005.

1. I-S

GAZZ

Our Servis washer has been going for 4 years now

GAZZ, May 23, 2005
  2. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Well, just got back from curry's.

Got a deal... 1600 spin Ariston which was strangely similar in terms of all the mouldings and the drum and whatnot to the hotpoint next to it. The hotpoint 1600 was £549, the ariston (which I think is actually supposed to be the "high-end" make of the two) was £349. It's some sort of run-out on the model, because the 1400 spin ariston (ie the model down) is up for £499.

So, we'll see...

I-S, May 25, 2005
  3. I-S

rsand I can't feel my toes

Nice when you get a good deal like that

rsand, May 25, 2005
  4. I-S

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Yep just lets hope you don't need to get your money back on it. We had a nightmare trying to get our money back which were legaly entitled to, after numerous phone calls and threats of the Manchester Evening News and Trading Standards the shop gave us our money back.

It was basicaly a cheap make dishwasher but it had numerous faults including a timer which would get stuck, we only had it a week.

amazingtrade, May 25, 2005
  5. I-S

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

I had an Indesit washer/dryer for 10 years without a breakdown - it even survived 5 house moves.. I bought it for £200, and managed to sell it when I sold my London flat for £50!
    So I can recommend Indesit - cheap but not too nasty..

leonard smalls, May 26, 2005
  6. I-S

angi73

well my parents miele dishwasher lasted over 10 years continous use, and we still have a washing machine that is over 10 years old (miele too)

angi73, May 26, 2005
  7. I-S

Sid and Coke

When we first got married a long, long time ago ( :) ) , we bought our first washing machine. It was a Hoover. One my mates worked part time in a local electrical shop, He advised me not to buy a Hoover as the service department in his shop where always repairing them. TOO late money spent. That washing machine gave us over 10 years of practically hasle free service. The only thing i ever had to do was replace the door seal once (after about 8 years) and occasionally get stuff out of the motor housing trap where the kids had left stuff like coins or sea shells in their pockets, baby socks where a favorite too. It did eventually fail, however i could have easily repaired it, we just got sick of the sight of it and wanted to buy something new. I bought an AEG made in Germany, nice and quiet at first but soon got tatty , this one lasted about 4 years before 'everything' went bad all at once ( heater, main bearings and other stuff- all at once !!). We have had our current Bosch machine for about 4 years. It is still very quiet, everything works on it, and the controls are very simple.

Some washing machines have multitudes of washing programs available, most of them never get used. We only ever use 40 deg easy care, 60 deg easy care, 60 deg intensive ( for my work clothes- overalls , etc ) and i occasionally run the machine overnight on a 90 deg boilwash with just detergent and Washing Soda crystals in it to give the machine and the waste pipes a good internal clean out (As Vindaloo and Guiness doesn't seem to work on washing machines ).

Sid and Coke, May 26, 2005
  8. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Right, thanks to chris1968, the new machine is installed and up and running.

It was clearly designed by naim, going by the way that the soap drawer hinges out rather than sliding...

I-S, May 30, 2005
Ask a Question