LCD monitors - opinions?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by michaelab, Dec 1, 2003.

1. michaelab

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Or the NEC current range (the one I have here is 2 years old and still kicking arse - hardly ANY shimmer on this one, and the newer ones are even better.

Not seen the Samsung Paul describes, but the one Leon has is very nice (maybe I could ask Neil if he can get you one at a good rate Henry???)

domfjbrown, Dec 4, 2003
  2. michaelab

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

ONe word of warning, don't go for the chepest ones, because they are frankly laughable, Some I have seen are clearly 2 year old laptop screens banged into a frame.

The best I have seen come from sony and formac, (apple aside of course ;) )

Na in fairness I was very impressed by the new sony vio screens and I imagine it won't be long before they are in a flat screen format.

garyi, Dec 4, 2003
  3. michaelab

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I'd second this, I have seen some truly appalling flat panel monitors which are cheap, and which generally cost as much as you could buy a quality 19" CRT from a computer fair. This is one area where CRT still have the advantage - cost. My 22-incher (oo-er) was only £225 over a year ago. To get a flat panel of similar size and quality would probably cost well over £1000. Thats whats holding me back, truthfully.

Nevertheless, my parents got a 15-inch TFT from Argos, 3 year warranty, a no namer, but I tell you - its surprisingly good for the price (£190). I have seen no flat panel that can come close at the price.

PBirkett, Dec 4, 2003
Ask a Question